Hi peeps.

Yeah, bit of a pointless thread but there you go, I may update it later on with progress.

Anyway, picked up this saw about 2 months ago. Has now been cleaned, new bearings and blade fitted. Used it today for the first time. The picture isn't of mine as it's in the garage and not picture friendly in there, but mine is the same.

Will cut about 6 inch/160mm depth and about 12 inch throat. Nice new blade on it. Set up by my dad, who use to build Startrite bandaws, including the massive ones that were £8000 in the 70's!

Done some tweaking to get it running right, but should be fine for cutting bodies and necks etc. Now I need a bench belt sander...and an Amp!

Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
We shall see how much use it gets and if not, ebay it will go. One on there for £155 right now and still two days to go

Ripped some wood down, just for fascias on my shed, very satisfying
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Quote by Invader Jim
If kyle can post threads about his latest wood purchase, I'm pretty sure you can post threads about new toys.

WooHoo! Mod approval...I rock
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
Hah more people from Kent eh? Where bouts?
Quote by bodyheatseeker
That is simultaneously brilliant and obscene. I honestly don't know if I despise, or admire you.

Quote by Scutchington
If I had room, I would sig that entire post.

basschat.co.uk
Quote by cm261
Hah more people from Kent eh? Where bouts?

Betwixt Medway and Maidstone. You Sir?
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
Quote by Skeet UK
Betwixt Medway and Maidstone. You Sir?

Maidstone FTW

I'm obliged to say that cause I live here xD
Quote by phan
Maidstone FTW

I'm obliged to say that cause I live here xD

Well.. if yo need anything, see my Sig dude. I paint stuff too
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
Yep Maidstone here as well. You paint effects pedal boxes as well?
Quote by bodyheatseeker
That is simultaneously brilliant and obscene. I honestly don't know if I despise, or admire you.

Quote by Scutchington
If I had room, I would sig that entire post.

basschat.co.uk
Quote by Invader Jim
srsly, my saw sucks. it won't even cut straight. it's some chinese table-top 3-wheeler.

Me too!
Haha

So when are we actually going to see some builds from you skeet?
Quote by cm261
Yep Maidstone here as well. You paint effects pedal boxes as well?

Er...yeah if you want...here is a sample of something I did....

This shows the colours best.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/Skeetmaster/AnschutzMarb.jpg

This shows the polish.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/Skeetmaster/Anschutz2ndCCfromGun.jpg
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
Quote by Invader Jim
so dows mine. that's why I use the trusty hammer instead.
/lame joke.

I lol'd so hard...
Quote by guitarcam123
Me too!
Haha

So when are we actually going to see some builds from you skeet?

There is quite a bit you can do to tune a bandsaw. Try looking up "blade drift angle" as a starter.

Builds...well. I am going to finish my Pacifica mod, which will be paint, electronics, no PG rear routed, carved if possible, maybe new pickups and tuners and something done to the neck.

I have that chunk of mahoganyesq wood, which is 12 inches wide and 20 inches long (the cut bit) so was wondering about shapes for that, or I may do a neck through as my first build, as I have some maple and such. Just gathering materials and so on...quite difficult to justify lots of expense when you have 4 kids etc

If you have any ideas on a sort of elongated strat or PRS style body, I need to know dimensions of stuff that might fit on that board if it stays one piece, or same again if I do a neck through.
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
your board is 12" wide right?

If you do a neck through, that should add another 3" or so to the width which means that you can do a prs.
Quote by guitarcam123
your board is 12" wide right?

If you do a neck through, that should add another 3" or so to the width which means that you can do a prs.

This was my thought. So one assume that the neck through blank should be about 3 inches wide and about as thick as my body (47mm). I'm trying to find some laminates (veneers) to go between the main neck pieces to make it about 5 piece.
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani