I own an Ibanez AF95 hollowbody guitar. It's got a set in neck and two of probably the worst pickups to ever grace this planet. As beautiful of a guitar it is, the sound is just absolutely crap compared to my other instruments. My knowledge on pickups is next to none, as I've never felt the need to swap any out before now. I am just sort of lost and a bit helpless quite frankly. I can't call my local Sam Ash because they are pretty much barely a step above retarded and would be of no assistance, so I've come here to seek suggestions for some pickups. I know that you should be wary of the type of neck your guitar has as well as whether or not it's solid bodied or not, but outside of that I haven't the slightest idea which brand to look at, et cetera.

On this guitar I don't really plan on playing any heavy metal or anything like that, if that means anything...

Thanks in advance for your help
I'm not looking to emulate any particular bands' sound, however I do want the sound of the guitar to match the guitar. I'd ideally like to maintain the bluesy vibe of the guitar, so whatever pickups can honor that. I've got a modest chunk of change set aside, but I'd prefer not to be spending too much money if the difference in sound is negligible.
if you're in the UK try irongear (www.irongear.co.uk)

i sound like a bloody endorsee or something the amount of times i reccomend them but at £25 (ish) a pickup you cant go far wrong can you?
and the fact i use their pickups and can say I'm more than happy with value for money.
Quote by Bigsteve92
if you're in the UK try irongear (www.irongear.co.uk)

i sound like a bloody endorsee or something the amount of times i reccomend them but at £25 (ish) a pickup you cant go far wrong can you?
and the fact i use their pickups and can say I'm more than happy with value for money.

They look like a quality company, but unfortunately I'm not in the UK