So I've changed the strings on my floyd rose but there's always fret buzz no matter what combination of trust rod, spring tension, or any other adjustment I can think of. It was fine before I changed strings. The strings are thicker but that should have been accounted for with an increase in string tension. Fret buzz is always on the 2 bass strings (E A). I've been trying to fix it for about 4-5 hours total now. Is there a way I can adjust the action of a single string on the floyd rose? It seems like I can at the bridge, but adjusting it doesn't really help, in fact it increases the buzz when the action is higher. I have no money to bring it to a shop, anyone know anything?
You may have to adjust the spring tension out the back of the guitar to make the floyd rose parallel to the body of the guitar.
Last edited by mikey_360 at Sep 26, 2009,
you need to leave 12-24 hours betwwen truss rod adjustments to let the neck settle.

read the floyd sticky and the setup sticky

have you changed string guage? or kept the same guage.
Is there a tutorial somewhere about the Floyd rose saddle adjustment? Changed to havier gauge. I increased spring tension as necessary
I usually do my own setups, but if there's something that I just can't seem to make work, I usually just take it in for a setup. I know this isn't an option for some people, and I don't know your personal situation, but a decent setup is usually very cheap at your local guitar shop. Worth the money in my opinion. Nothing beats a professional setup.
"When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point."