Currently using a cheap crate amp
can i haz your email and password?
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
you linked into your email, thus we see nothing
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
That was dumb. Haha, sorry about that. Here are the images:

93' Mexican Stratocaster

LTD Viper-50 --- Active EMG's

Personally, I'm not very fond of the Viper shape, but, if you like it, I just recommend that you try it out before actually trading
Right now I have a Fender Stratocaster. But I think this guitar would fit my playing style much better, I prefer modern rock. I am meeting with the guy to try it out tomorrow.
93' Mexican Stratocaster

I'm assuming that's a viper 50 based on the dot inlays. From my years at Guitar Center, I can estimate that a place like Guitar Center would give you no more than 100 dollars for it, providing it's in excellent shape with no cosmetic defects. But that's just a guess. I would personally say it's worth 100-150 dollars.
"When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point."
Last edited by brleealbright at Sep 26, 2009,
for the vt-100 its a good trade
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
I'm assuming that's a viper 50 based on the dot inlays. From my years at Guitar Center, I can estimate that a place like Guitar Center would give you no more than 100 dollars for it, providing it's in excellent shape with no cosmetic defects. But that's just a guess. I would personally say it's worth 100-150 dollars.

Wouldn't it be worth more then that though because of the pickups? Just saying, new they sell for $185 new, and both the guitar and the pickups are only 2 months old.
93' Mexican Stratocaster

Last edited by joshme17 at Sep 26, 2009,
Quote by joshme17
Wouldn't it be worth more then that though because of the pickups? Just saying, new they sell for $185 new, and both the guitar and the pickups are only 2 months old.

The pickups may increase the value a bit, but you aren't going to get as much out of it as you put in. That's just how trading in used gear works. It may not even increase the value at all.
The way Guitar Center/most music stores determine value is by looking online to see how much that particular piece is going for used. Then they give you 50-60 percent of that.
Ok, thanks for the info. So it probably has about the same value as my Peavey VT-100?
93' Mexican Stratocaster

Oh wait, I think I misunderstood you. You own the amp, and want to trade for the guitar correct?
Yes, I own the amp, I want to trade my amp for the guitar. I found someone who wants to trade with me using craigslist.
93' Mexican Stratocaster

Oh I see. Well depending on what shape your VT-100 is, I would say the amp is worth a little more than that guitar. It all depends on what condition it's all in, though.