They are going to be used in a very small space, mainly mixing metal and rock.

A lot of people seem to like the KRK RP5's, but from what I've read they sound really nice, but not quite as "honest" and accurate if you know what I mean.
The Yamaha HS50's on the other hand seem to give a truer sound and so far my mind is set on these.

Anything else I should look at in the price range of those?
Quote by AztecStatue
They are going to be used in a very small space, mainly mixing metal and rock.

A lot of people seem to like the KRK RP5's, but from what I've read they sound really nice, but not quite as "honest" and accurate if you know what I mean.
The Yamaha HS50's on the other hand seem to give a truer sound and so far my mind is set on these.

Anything else I should look at in the price range of those?

id go with the krk rokit 5's, i have them myself and they seem to give a pretty accurate depiction. Theyre also pretty cheap. i dont know about the yamahas so i cant say anythign about them. All i can say is that krk 5's are used by many people for a good reason
Yeah I know many people have them, because it's really nice to hear your mix through them, but I want something that's brutally honest.

The KRK's and Yamahas are in the same price range so money wise it's the same situation.

Any other suggestions?
For a little bit more money ($180)ish, you can get the Mackie mr-5's, which are beast. I got a couple of the 8 inchers in my studio and they are the clearest monitors imo.
Quote by AztecStatue
Yeah I know many people have them, because it's really nice to hear your mix through them, but I want something that's brutally honest.

The KRK's and Yamahas are in the same price range so money wise it's the same situation.

Any other suggestions?

when i said they sound good i meant like their more accurate. Im not too big on monitors so im just saying i like the krk rokit 5's, although im sure for more money there are better ones. jus imo