Page 1 of 3
Okay,
Is it just me? Or is everyone that uses this website stuck in the 70's-80's
Yah I know the music from then is good, But It seems its the ONLY thing people here listen to?
I have not anything against it, but it find it hard to find people that listen to newer stuff.
IDK,
It's just something I seem to have noticed
Yes I too like to sample small parts of a populous and make a general statement about the entire populous.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
i've never noticed this, people are always talking about new music
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
I'm stuck in the 60's.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Iz you.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Anything from 00's sucks. Even if I like it I'll bash it, because that's what's cool to say.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I've noticed the opposite. It seems like everyone names random crappy bands that I've never heard of, and I very rarely find anyone who actively listens to Zep, The Who, Blue Oyster Cult, etc.
Quote by Wulphy
Being a Republican should be a handicap.

Its just you.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Nah TS, I too like to make threads about something that 5 minutes of thought would have easily answered.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I don't know what's wrong with 70-80's music. If you weren't born when they were playing, especially.

And I disagree with you. Liking old bands doesn't mean you don't like any new ones. To me you seem like that kind of people who thinks Chad Kroeger is the best musician that there ever was. I think people who only listen to new stuff are musically "handicapped". That's just my two cents.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

I like some modern pop-rock. And Rise Against.
Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis
Quote by Eliyahu
I've noticed the opposite. It seems like everyone names random crappy bands that I've never heard of, and I very rarely find anyone who actively listens to Zep, The Who, Blue Oyster Cult, etc.
No offense, but that kinda' made you sound like a douche who refuses to accept anybody who has a different music taste from yours. Not that I don't love The Who and Zep, but it wouldn't kill you to be open minded.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Last edited by Ferrets! at Sep 26, 2009,
Quote by Eliyahu

Yep. Not a soul on this forum has REAL taste.
Good music is good music and in my case I find that my favorite music was made in the 60's, 70's and 80's. True story.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
New music is terrible...

>_>

Solid argument is solid.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
New music is terrible...
*sigh*
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Quote by Ferrets!
No offense, but that kinda' made you sound like a douche who refuses to accept anybody who has a different music taste from yours.

I'm not trying to be though, I'm stating it from my opinion. Most bands I hear about on here suck in my opinion, and I'm sure that a lot of people feel that way about stuff I listen too. Everyone is entitled to their own musical taste.
Quote by Wulphy
Quote by Eliyahu
I'm not trying to be though, I'm stating it from my opinion. Most bands I hear about on here suck in my opinion, and I'm sure that a lot of people feel that way about stuff I listen too. Everyone is entitled to their own musical taste.

I agree. Haven't found anyone else who listens to the majority of music I listen to. Maybe they are here but just hiding very well.
Quote by RU Experienced?
You're right, Snakes & Arrows was crap.

Rush are a band from the 1970s, and I'm assuming that the OP was talking about new BANDS, not ALBUMS.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Rush are a band from the 1970s, and I'm assuming that the OP was talking about new BANDS, not ALBUMS.

Rush are crap.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
New music is terrible...

That's false. If you look at the right places, there are plenty of new bands that are awesome; you just gotta find them. Commercial music IS terrible, but that's not all there is. Check the underground scene and you'll find a lot of talented bands.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

What are you talking about?

The UG Community has a very broad taste in music.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
New music is terrible...

Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Last edited by shattamakar at Sep 26, 2009,
Quote by Spike6sic6
That's false. If you look at the right places, there are plenty of new bands that are awesome; you just gotta find them. Commercial music IS terrible, but that's not all there is. Check the underground scene and you'll find a lot of talented bands.

Exactly. When people say that new music sucks, we're not speaking of every single band. The commercial bands that you see on MTV represent music of an era. Of course underground bands are good! But our generation is not excepting them as good enough music to be commercial, and so 2000's music sucks!
Quote by Wulphy
Quote by Spike6sic6
I don't know what's wrong with 70-80's music. If you weren't born when they were playing, especially.

And I disagree with you. Liking old bands doesn't mean you don't like any new ones. To me you seem like that kind of people who thinks Chad Kroeger is the best musician that there ever was. I think people who only listen to new stuff are musically "handicapped". That's just my two cents.

I think those that only listen to old stuff are musically handicapped as well. Liking only certain eras, and being stuck in that way of thinking, you're amputating yourself from music. The only reason the "olden days" seem so much better is because the "crap" from back then (although there's no such thing as crap music, just different tastes) don't get airplay anymore. There's "good" and "bad" music in every decade.

And commercial music isn't terrible. Again, there's stuff that you'll like, and don't like. There's a hell of a lot of commercial bands and acts that perform really catchy tunes, and that's great, in my eyes. Sometimes I don't want to listen to metal- sometimes I just want to listen to something easy and fun.
I like music that I don't actually listen to. Both of the links in my sig, for example.

I appreciate the art and creativity, even though my tastes are more mainstream.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Page 1 of 3