I'm trying to find out what this effect would be called. It makes the guitar sound almost organ-ish. It's some kind of delay, but on each play back of the original note, it ups the pitch by an octave. So if you were to play a low E, you'd hear low E, 12th fret E, 24th fret E, etc. Any one have any idea what it could be?
Quote by drivemetofirenz
I'm trying to find out what this effect would be called. It makes the guitar sound almost organ-ish. It's some kind of delay, but on each play back of the original note, it ups the pitch by an octave. So if you were to play a low E, you'd hear low E, 12th fret E, 24th fret E, etc. Any one have any idea what it could be?

Eventide Pitch Factor, Digitech Harmony Man, EHX POG/POG2 and Micro POG.

HACHEDIT: oh, sorry. miread the OP.

maybe you should look into a pedal with expression pedal capabilities? that way, you can change the pitch of the delay. i'm not sure if this is what you're looking for.

could you maybe give us a clip of what you're looking for? where did you hear this effect.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Sep 26, 2009,
Thanks for the help guys. The boss ps-3 gets a sound pretty close to what I was talking about, and the empress superdelay hits it right on. Here's what I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryMMGoLw7Yk check out 8:02
Edit: On second listen, it doesn't really sound like an organ at all. Still what I was looking for though
Last edited by drivemetofirenz at Sep 26, 2009,
Try doing it with a delay and two hands hammering on. That would be cool.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by nightraven
on longer delay settings i'd imagine it would sound more like an organ. i've seen it being done effectively in a video without the repeats being all mushy. can't remember if it was the superdelay or something else

Yeah the one I heard live was just an effect on some multi-effects pedal I think. The superdelay could probably get the sound with some playing with the settings. Too bad it's ~$400
Edit: Does anyone know of another pedal that does what the ps-3 does? Preferably one that is still sold new?
Last edited by drivemetofirenz at Sep 26, 2009,
Quote by nightraven
are you referring to the 'mode 7' of the PS-3? where the delay's pitch glides up or down?

if so - there's only that and the superdelay that can do it

Yeah, mode 7's what I'm talking about. It's really too bad you can't get that sound for cheaper. I like it a lot. Anyway, thanks again dude.