So this is the 2nd version EP to my band The Audrey Slam. Its a little bit shorter than the last one and some songs have been removed or some of the parts have been put into different songs. I would have tabbed out our intro but its too damn hard :/

Just some things to note:

The names of the songs are written above the bars that they start on

The EP is about 20 minutes

Don't mind the drum fill at bars 469-470. Its just something that I put in.

I may make another song for it but I'm not sure yet.

Thats about it. Also, I'd really appreciate ratings on a scale of 1-10. Don't be afraid to be honest.

Thanks guys
Attachments:
The Audrey Slam V2.zip
Dude there's no words to describe how this breaks through the metalcore world SOOO hard!!! If I was a label I would freaking sign your band immediately!!! You redefined metalcore with this... I wanna buy this freaking thing record it and put it on freaking iTunes by tomorrow or I will freaking find you!!!!! >=[
PSN: RokkstarX
Live: RokkyX

All my original (C4C) material is located here.
52 is Lie to My Face by Carnifex.

EDIT: And 178 is Sledge Hammer Face Lift by Rose Funeral.
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
Last edited by AngrySockMonkey at Sep 26, 2009,
Quote by defiance64
Dude there's no words to describe how this breaks through the metalcore world SOOO hard!!! If I was a label I would freaking sign your band immediately!!! You redefined metalcore with this... I wanna buy this freaking thing record it and put it on freaking iTunes by tomorrow or I will freaking find you!!!!! >=[
Really? Like, really?

Anyway. I will start with this. I HATE metalcore. And to me, that's what this is. There is some actually pretty good melodic death parts [even though all of it was pedal point, or a melodic chord progression, which has been done to hell and back, and back to hell again]. And then came the breakdowns. They were invariably all the SAME. And NONE of them fit well. And they were ALL boring, generic, not intense, not heavy, not anything. Just bland, really. I mean, they stood out, but only because I dont think there was ever a time where they flowed right and effectively with what came before and after them.

Meh. The song writing needs a lot of work, and the breakdowns need to go. But even then, it'd still be merely generic melodic death.

If you want to use breakdowns effectively, and make them good, listen to Immolation or The Arcane Order.
Quote by AngrySockMonkey
52 is Lie to My Face by Carnifex.

EDIT: And 178 is Sledge Hammer Face Lift by Rose Funeral.

I don't listen to Carnifex and I also don't listen to Rose Funeral's first album. Its purely coincidental.
Quote by TooToughTrenton
I don't listen to Carnifex and I also don't listen to Rose Funeral's first album. Its purely coincidental.

That's beside the point. They are exactly the same, so change them.
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
The breakdown at 23 is bad, so is the one at 38.
The breakdown at 50 is pretty cool at first to until 52.
Pretty much every breakdown is bad except for 50, especially 178-185.
Other than the breakdowns its alright, if a bit generic.
Dude your band ****ing sucks, you have a stupid nerdy guitarist named "Too Tough Trenton" and that stupid bro kid scott. Give up! Your **** sounds like madonna. Kill yourself...
Beakdown 23-24 sucks. Generic one chord metalcore.
String/lead part 26-37 sounds really great.
Breakdown at 33-41 is crappy and boring again.
I like you use of strings.

Overall. Its alright. Strings sound really good.
I'd say 7/10. You gained an extra half point for the strings.

Oh, and the poster above me is a douche.

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1213800
Last edited by Tomozaurus at Oct 13, 2009,
Quote by xTOUGH AS NUTZx
Dude your band ****ing sucks, you have a stupid nerdy guitarist named "Too Tough Trenton" and that stupid bro kid scott. Give up! Your **** sounds like madonna. Kill yourself...

You've obviously just signed up to say that
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I feel like Ive heard this whole EP before. It pretty much sounded like standard metalcore. It isnt my thing, but it didnt sound bad. Try work on originality. I do like your bands name though.