just boughtted a new dean 7string and i was wondering what im supposed to do with my six string ibanez prestige now?
Quote by Alex Vik
Uh...play it? That would be like asking a bassist who bought a 5 string what he's supposed to do with his 4 string.

lol agreed!
for a change in guitar? are they exactly the same?
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
no one is an ibanez prestige 22 fret 6 while the other is a dean 24 fret 7
Quote by Sarin v2
no one is an ibanez prestige 22 fret 6 while the other is a dean 24 fret 7

Erm use it cause it's awesome?
i'd say keep it for the different sounds it'll give you (unless they have the same pickups, which i doubt). plus sometimes it's just a pain to mute a 7th string if you're playing a song that doesn't require it. why make yourself frustrated with that if you don't need to because you have a 6 stringer?
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by Sarin v2
like for what occasion i mean

when you want to start playing decent music again
use it?
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
Do what I did, use the Dean for drop c or some other dropped tuning and the Ibanez in standard or drop d
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
i'd say keep it for the different sounds it'll give you (unless they have the same pickups, which i doubt). plus sometimes it's just a pain to mute a 7th string if you're playing a song that doesn't require it. why make yourself frustrated with that if you don't need to because you have a 6 stringer?

okay great point
Quote by Capt_Clarkson

yeah what exactly is decent music?
Quote by Naraine
lol are you dumb?

As much of a flame as this is, he's right.

They have their uses. Have you ever tried playing a song in Drop D on a 7 string? Ridiculously hard to do.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
play it.

/thread
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
make a coffee table out of it
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Quote by LifeIsABullet16

They wouldn't have the same pickups, the dean would have seven string pickups.

Also to answer the original question same thing as most people do when they buy a new guitar play it and the old.
'into the night under a crimson sky on the the fetid wings of death we ride' Messiah Of Hate by Hell Wave
Play stuff that doesn't sound like a diseased monkey vomiting on your pickups.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by Sarin v2
just boughtted a new dean 7string and i was wondering what im supposed to do with my six string ibanez prestige now?

Play it, set it to alternate tunings, sell it, trade it, hang it on your wall. I'm sure you can find SOMETHING to do with it besides leave it in a guitar case.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
Quote by Tango616
play it.

/thread

/agree
GEAR

Guitars
Danelectro Double Cutaway 1959 reissue, Jay Turser Vintage Series Strat

Pedals
Danelectro Reel Echo, Crybaby Wah, Boss DS-1

Amplifiers
Orange Crush 30w
Fender Pro Junior
Quote by Sarin v2

Mail it to me. Because I'm nice, I'll pay the shipping and get rid of that useless piece of crap.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Hmmm Ibanez vs. Dean is this really a question? Ibanez prestige guitars are great and not all songs need a 7 string so it woung be good to still have the Ibanez
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Quote by Sarin v2

Quote by Sarin v2
just boughtted a new dean 7string and i was wondering what im

Quote by Sarin v2
just boughtted a new dean 7string and i was

Quote by Sarin v2
just boughtted a new dean

Quote by Sarin v2
just boughtted

Quote by Sarin v2
boughtted

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by LifeIsABullet16

Why would you have to mute your 7th string? I play an 8-string tuned BEADGBEA and I can hit chords just fine without my thumb hanging over the top or some other goofy practice like that...

OP, just keep the 6-string until you need the money or something. There's nothing a 7 can't do that a 6 can.

EDIT:
Quote by a7xplayer
But seriously, just play it. Its hard playing six string songs on a seven string. Anyways, if you dont want it, I would gladly take it

This is absolutely not true. Have you ever played a 7? The only way it could ever be more difficult to play 6-string songs on a 7 is if you weren't playing those songs correctly to begin with.
Last edited by GorillaSalsa at Sep 27, 2009,
DaddyTwoFoot HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!! That's awesomee!! :P

Oohh and keep your dean standard and put your Prestige down to drop D or Drop C or something cool like that? Ibanez > Dean afterall IMO
No point in tuning down a 7..
Quote by Sarin v2

Oh my god are you stupid? You bought both the guitars, did you not think what you were going to do with them before you bought them???

I've bought 5 guitars over the last 2 years, all 6 string and they're all in standard tuning.

I've never once been at a loss as to what to do with any of them.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Capt_Clarkson

YES!
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow