Just put some new pickups in my cheapo telecaster. Unfortunately, but perhaps not surprisingly for a first attempt, I'm experiencing some problems.

Firstly, the signal is being is being picked up and the amp is making a noise when I play something; the only problem is it is just a basic sound. For some reason, no distortion or effects are being added to the sound.

As I've said, this is my first attempt at soldering a new set of pickups in and I have no idea as to why I'm experiencing these problems.

Help?
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
can you try and rephrase what the problem is, thanks.
ESP Eclipse I CTM FR (KGC BRASS BLOCK + IronGear Blues Engine + Dirty Torque + BCS Wiring Kit
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Engl Standard 4x12 (V60's)

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Snarling Dogs Whine-O-Wah
Ummm... the pickups are picking up the sound, but the sound coming out of my amp isn't what it should be. For example, I select the high gain channel on my Roland Cube 60, but I only get a nasty 'clean' sound.
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
That doesn't sound like a pickup problem to me, but check your soldering, and make sure your pots can handle what you put in.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Partially grounded, huh? Any idea what might be causing that? I'm terrible when it comes to soldering, if that's any help :P
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570