So today was the Grand Opening of Axe music. Did anyone go? It was sooo packed there and the new store looks great. If anyone went, did you manage to win any prizes or anything? I won a Vox hat. Not terribly exciting. It was pretty crazy and some of the prizes looked great. I tried some amps and guitars out. Good experience. Who else went? Tell me your experience.

/not from Calgary and thus very, very confused

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

is there a new axe music in calgary? the only one i know of is the one by macleod trail.
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
Quote by a7xplayer
It used to be really close to Macleod trail but now they moved the location to a bigger and better store thats on Macleod.

oh that's awesome. i was originally going to go today to buy my peavey 6505+ head. i would've been confused if it wasn't at it's normal location.
Quote by a7xplayer
Probably wouldnt have been a good idea to go today. I had a 30 minute wait to get into the store.

that's harsh. well it seems like long and mcquade have some competition.
You guys JUST got an Axe? We've had one in Edmonton for ever. I don't know what I'd do without it.

Quote by frnzd
Quote by gamebreaker
I think semen would be our biggest export...
We'd build an industry around it.

Quote by fli.pansy
that's harsh. well it seems like long and mcquade have some competition.

I think Axe has always been better then Long and McQuade. Long and McQuade had a bit more of a selection but the people who work there suck. Now the new Axe has tons more guitars then Long and McQuade and the people there are awesome. They treat everyone really good. And you can just walk in and start jamming. I dont like how things work at Long and McQuade. I have only gotten one person there who knew his stuff and gave me good info. Axe is wayyy better then Long and McQuade now. By a lot.
The closest ax store to me is in edmonton, so i jsut go to that one. But if i get some free time, i might just take my time to got down there. Maybe. Not making any promises...
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Quote by a7xplayer
I think Axe has always been better then Long and McQuade. Long and McQuade had a bit more of a selection but the people who work there suck. Now the new Axe has tons more guitars then Long and McQuade and the people there are awesome. They treat everyone really good. And you can just walk in and start jamming. I dont like how things work at Long and McQuade. I have only gotten one person there who knew his stuff and gave me good info. Axe is wayyy better then Long and McQuade now. By a lot.

i completely agree. but every time i went into long and mcquade, it was rather quite busy while axe music always seemed pretty quiet. but i'm glad axe music is finally growing.
The point is his disturbingly shaped middle finger.

What's the stock like in Axe?

Any better than the one in Edmonton?
there are other calgarians in the pit?

cool.

i didn't go. is the selection any better than guitarworks/mothers music?
Quote by Bleurgh
Almost the exact same thing happened to me except I didn't die .

Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by SteveHouse
2^ What the flying fuck

pack your bags, move to the city.
1000?!?! They have like maybe 100-200 tops at the Edmonton one...is their amp selection fairly big as well?
im not from calgary or edmonton, but from my experiances in the Axe Music in Edmonton, I would say Long & McQuade are way better. The guys in Axe in Edmonton treated me like an idiot the entire time but at long & mcqaude they treated me like somebody who knew what they liked and didnt try to pressure me into buying things I didnt need
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Quote by Tanooki
there are other calgarians in the pit?

cool.

i didn't go. is the selection any better than guitarworks/mothers music?

By far. Guitar works is as big as a big room. Axe is bigger then my house. Guitar Works carries like, 100 guitars at a time. Axe has over a thousand. It is definitely bigger. And the people who work there are super nice and helpful.
Quote by Haggard13
im not from calgary or edmonton, but from my experiances in the Axe Music in Edmonton, I would say Long & McQuade are way better. The guys in Axe in Edmonton treated me like an idiot the entire time but at long & mcqaude they treated me like somebody who knew what they liked and didnt try to pressure me into buying things I didnt need

Hmm, thats interesting. I have never been to the Edmonton one but I know that the Calgary one would be a different story. I have never had bad service in the Calgary one.
i'll definitely be scoping it out then
Quote by Bleurgh
Almost the exact same thing happened to me except I didn't die .

Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by SteveHouse
2^ What the flying fuck

pack your bags, move to the city.
I got a free mic, and I finally got to try an 8-string guitar, which is the single most intimidating instrument i've ever played. I want one really badly now.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
Quote by zezimathehero
I got a free mic, and I finally got to try an 8-string guitar, which is the single most intimidating instrument i've ever played. I want one really badly now.

Lucky! Thats exactly what I was trying to win. Haha. And I tried one out too for the first time. They are really weird to play. I kinda want one now though.