I've been seeing these come up in several post, and I have looked at their lineup on the website. They look great, but I'm wanting some more opinions on these. Any input would be appreciated!
Man I've given so many opinions on Rondo's gear its starting to get old. I have an SX guitar and an SX bass and have several friends who own many Agile models. Basically if you have some extra cash to blow on a guitar to mod and improve without the risk of losing a lot of money then SX's are great. The quality isn't bad but you'll probably need to set it up to your liking after unboxing it, also I would def get an SX over 95% of the low end Squiers out there in a heartbeat. I haven't played an Agile guitar that I didn't like and they are much better quality than the SX's for not much more cash. If you want a LP but don't want the Gibson price def go for an Agile.
What I'm working with:
Fender Jazzmaster
Gibson SG-X
ESP EC-401
Peavey 6505+ w/ Voodoo mods
Preciate it brotha. Yeah I'm lookin to purchase an LP, and I only play around the house. They're definately on the cheap side, but I just want to make sure if I happened to get one, it wasn't crap. Thanks alot for your input.
Quote by Eric24
Preciate it brotha. Yeah I'm lookin to purchase an LP, and I only play around the house. They're definately on the cheap side, but I just want to make sure if I happened to get one, it wasn't crap. Thanks alot for your input.

depends on the model.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Would even the cheaper ones be decent enough even if I was to do some upgrades later on? Like a pickup change and stuff like that?
^More than likely. I'm thinking about the Agile AL-3000 in tribal blue. I swear to God if you buy that guitar before me, I will neuter you.

I might replace the pups after I get the guitar, if they don't meet my expectations. After all, I wouldn't expect too much from Alnico V Plus Humbuckers.
Quote by Eric24
Would even the cheaper ones be decent enough even if I was to do some upgrades later on? Like a pickup change and stuff like that?

actually no.

i dont own an agile. but i've been on this forum a long time.
and the only complaints i ve ever heard from agile owners is when they complain that they wish they had spend the extra for a better model.

apparently the quality increases more than the cost for the models 3000 and over.

in other words, the higher end models are built noticeably better and worth the small increase in price.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Everything I have every played that has been associated with Rondo - (SX's, Brice's, Douglas's, Agile's)has a few thing in common:

The good things:
Decent woods- your getting a fairly nice, thick slab of alder/mahogany.

The Bad:
Crap electronics - scratchy crakling noises galore
Crap pickups - most have been pretty noisy
Crap hardware - Tuners didn't hold for very long
Shoddy fretwork - edges hung over the fretboard/edges were sharp
I have an Agile 2000 and it is every bit as comfortable as a LP by Gibson. You may want to upgrade the PUPs but it's still a real solid guitar. The flame maple top and mahogany body doesn't hurt either...quality!
Quote by fleshtwister
I have an Agile 2000 and it is every bit as comfortable as a LP by Gibson. You may want to upgrade the PUPs but it's still a real solid guitar. The flame maple top and mahogany body doesn't hurt either...quality!

the 2000 is an absolute starter, and in my way should be compared to a ~$1,000 guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62