with lyrical rhyme trauma
that'll send you away in a hearse.

I actually need help writing a cohevise drum section that gives this piece some urgency, yet maintains a jazzy atmosphere. There's a 30-odd bar intro of Cmin, Fmin11, and D#6sus4 (I think that's the name, but I could be wrong), and Cmin7 before this, so don't worry about that.

The 1st four bars of this fit well within what I want to achieve, but I need help with the rest of it.

I'm specifically enlisting the help of Jesse_Blachard and Thomasoman. Their sense of rhythm is what I'm looking for. Or if you wanna contribute something bombast, that works too.
I'll give you credit if I happen to directly rip off the drum portion too.
Attachments:
Noctural_Logic_verse.zip
Hmm, that's opened up another realm of ideas for me.
It is quite overwhelming at times, but it works for the most part. Thank you sir.
I'm gunna be incorporating some of your ideas into my song.

EDIT:
I've realized that I want the drumming to less verbose, more expressive, and still manage to keep time and being groovy.
Last edited by huevos at Sep 27, 2009,
I will give it a go too . But i dont understand.. whenever i open your GP 5 files the drums error me... and come as a piano any ideas why?
Very Fall of Troy like. It's heart breaking when can't get the drum beat you want but you know exactly what you want it to be like ey
I will give it a go too . But i dont understand.. whenever i open your GP 5 files the drums error me... and come as a piano any ideas why?

I think that happens when the song is originally made in tuxguitar? I'm not 100% sure though.

as for the song, I loved it. I tried to do some drum stuff with it but honestly, your original one was better then anything I could come up with.. I'll keep trying.
Yeah, it was done in Tux originally. I don't have GP5, since I'm a cheap bastard.

Y'all have better drum dynamics than I do, and it's the ideas that count.

Also, I wanted to go with an ATD-I/TFOT styled song with some jazzy ideas. The second verse (pre-chorus) is significantly different. I'm thinking of changing it; the leads on the track 5 would stay, but the rhythm would be altered quite a bit.
I'm also thinking of upping it to 16 bars, but I'm not sure yet.
Attachments:
Noctural_Logic_verseb.zip