So I have wrecked my skateboard beyond repair and want to get a longboard as I commute to school. I am thinking of the Sector 9 HALEIWA but have no clue about the "flex" of a longboard. I know that they are made in different flexes and the "ala moana" seems to be the successor of the haleiwa which I found is "medium flex". I am about 218lbs.

tl;dr: need a longboard that fits my weight (218lbs), will the Sector 9 HALEIWA work?
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Skateboarding thread man!

I will answer you in there.
a little lost.....
Quote by Davo Ownz
Skateboarding thread man!

I will answer you in there.

You mean I actually need to try and find a specific thread for my needs?
^And you should do exactly that.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
id look at other boards other than sector 9. check out alva boards. or put some orangutang wheels on a somwhat flexy board.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Quote by Davo Ownz
Yes, I do mean exactly that.

Yet, I recieve the obvious answer.

I don't go to my local skate shop because the nearest one is while away.
ill help you out. the flex should not be that huge of an issue in general on boards, some higher end boards tend to be more specific though. I personally just bought a bustin board which you can fully costumize and is the best board for the money i have ever ridden.

www.bustinboards.com

that board should work, but then again i only wiegh 140 so i do not know form experience. I have a heavier friend who bought a board that is specifically built for that. But with the bustin boards you can email them and a knowledgeable guy will personally respond which is very nice.

I highly recommend these boards as i bought a sector nine and then 6 months later bought a new board. They also have college commuter specific boards so that could be an option.
You weigh 218? Good grief.
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
Quote by faint_spirit
You weigh 218? Good grief.

I am pretty tall?

no i'm just fat

I hate the kids that ride longboards at my school. They are so cool, but those dastardly kids rule the awesomeness that is longboards.

... I have no idea what you just said.
You may thank me for being so helpful
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone