Hello everyone.
I was just curious as to what pickups have a similar sound to SD Quarter Pounders for a jazz bass (particularly bridge position), or are QPs the only way to go?
Thanks!
In terms of sound, most pickups sound pretty different. There are other pickups available in that price range, and plenty above; it all depends on what sound you're after. If you want the QP sound, then knock yourself out. As an aside, at that kind of price range, QPs are the most popular replacement pickups anyway.
Attendez la creme!
"Harry dear, its an inaminate object"

"YOU'RE AN INANIMATE OBJECT!"
Well I'm not worried about price too much seeing that pickups don't get too expensive, but anyone know of any other pickups with a close sound to QPs? Not necessarily spot-on, just around the same.
Lets try a different tack:

what sound are you after?

what budget? (hence also, how many pickups?)
Attendez la creme!
"Harry dear, its an inaminate object"

"YOU'RE AN INANIMATE OBJECT!"
Well, a jazz bridge pickup, preferably under $100 USD for it (I already have a QP for the neck). But really, I'm wondering if it's even worth getting anything other than QPs for a Flea/Timmy C type tone (haha they rhyme).
Last edited by edgeyyz at Sep 27, 2009,
Both of them use very coloured amps, so pickups will make less difference then a good coloured amp IMO
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Both of them use very coloured amps, so pickups will make less difference then a good coloured amp IMO

Well, I know Timmy C uses an Ampeg SVT and Flea uses... a GK? But anyways, a new amp is not in the budget (though I am saving for one) so for now I'm just looking for a bridge pickup that will help out a bit.