Hi everyone soon i am to make a guitar and i was thinking of buying a bigsby B5 for my new guitar (which will be a telecaster) now i havnt had that much experience with bigsby so i have some questions.

1. is this a good bridge? will it stay in tune?
2. will i need anything to help it stay in tune?
3.is there any better bigsby that will fit a telecaster around this price?

thanks
*gotzguitarskillz* Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

GUITARS

Ibanez rgr421exfm W/ Evos
Epiphone G-400
Some no name acoustic thats pretty good
Maybe this will help.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Locking tuners and a roller bridge will help with tuning stability.

But even with those it still wont be perfectly stable, though it will make for an awesome guitar.
I've got a bigsby on my tele and its great
1. It's not a bridge. It's a tailpiece. They don't stay in tune if you use it a lot.
2. To help it stay in tune, locking tuners would probably do the trick, along with GraphitAll nut lubricant.
3. No. Bigsby is a company of it's own. I certainly wouldn't buy a Bigsby vibrato tailpiece from anyone other than the Bigsby company. You can get look-a-likes, but I don't recommend it.
To jump on in here: 1) A bigsby, like most vibrato bridges, has a tendency to fall out of tune when used excessively or violently. Locking tuners, a graphite nut, and a roller bridge will all help you.

2)See 1

3) There are really good quality Licensed Bigsbys sold as the B50/500 models. You could also mount a Stetsbar or a TremKing, which are quite different.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
sooo grover tuners wouldnt be good?
*gotzguitarskillz* Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

GUITARS

Epiphone G-400
Quote by iamawsomeguitar
sooo grover tuners wouldnt be good?

I believe grover make locking tuners?
there the same grovers as teh ones on an epiphone sg G-400 the real big thick ones

GUITARS

Epiphone G-400
Locking Tuners aren't an absolute must. I've played a few (read: two) guitars that have had Bigsbys and no other mods whatsoever and they hold tune really well. A Graphite nut or even a roller bridge would be sufficient to properly hold tune. Locking Tuners would help, sure, but it's not like one little wobble and your guitar is totally detuned.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.