have an epiphone special II SG guitar (the lowest end they make) and was wondering if i bought a pickguard for a regular SG, or even a '62 reissue, if i could just drill holes in the appropriate places and it fit?
I have the same guitar and I'm interested in this...

but i think they won't fit because they just seem different shaped and stuff lol
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
It won't fit because the Special has a bolt-on neck instead of a set neck.
Dot>Jekyll & Hyde>Turbo Tuner>DD-3>DD-7>DRRI
wel even with the bolt on, wouldnt it fit, and just have that little area where the actual color of the guitar would show?
Some issues you will have looking at the epi special v gibson SG is the fretboard on the epi touches the pickup ring for the neck pickup. The gibson has a wide gap. So that would have to be cut out for it to go on. Also the metric v inch specs creates problems. If I remember right the epi pickups are a little farther apart so there will create problems for the fit there also.
Quote by savage94
make your own with that shape but that fits it!

This

I have an epi SG special, and it's a good playing guitar after a good setup, but they really dropped the ball with the lack of a pickguard imo. I don't think it would be hard to make a pickguard though, I know warmoth and stewmac sell blank 2-ply pickguard stock. Then just drill some small pilot holes and screw it on.
Gear:
1998 PRS CE 22-10 Top Natural Finish
MIM HSS Strat-Electron Blue
Vox AC4TV