Page 1 of 2
So my MG just broke recently and I'm thinking of returning it and letting them know it's broken and getting store credit and then using that money for a new amp in the same price range
Any amp suggestions from guitar center in the $200-$300 price range?
I looked at the Vox AC4TV 4W 1x10 Tube Guitar Combo Amp and the Peavey Vyper. How are they?
Is the Vox (above) a good tube amp?
Last edited by pedroskins at Sep 26, 2009,
The Vox is a decent tube amp.
The Peavey Vypyr, depending on which watt you get. If you get the Tube 60 Peavey Vypyr, it'll be the best choice you'll ever make, but I believe it's over your price range.

I'd go for the Peavey Vypyr for its many effects, and overal sound quality.
And I'd go for a Vox if you're in it for great clean tone, and loud jams.
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
Out of those two, I'd see into the Vox. The reviews are great and it still carries great Vox tone for the price. I also believe there's a mini-stack version of it aswell as the combo.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
What music do you play?

If it's any sort of metal, you'll want to go for a Vypyr.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Vypyr for metal for sure. The distortion on it sounds really nice for a cheaper amp, plenty of gain, and all the effects u need
I personally dont like Modeling amps (vypyr) and I own one. I'd try to find a tube that will handle your metalz, like the B52 AT 112 or the New Peavey 6505+ Combo.

And no the ravens are not any good, its just another terrible amp GC, tries to shove down your throat.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Go and try the Vox. I can tell you that they can sound pretty heavy IMO. I have bought mine for the cleans, but use it now in stereo with my GH50l for distortion. I'd say its worth a try. Plus a AC4 is incredible sexy

Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
Quote by OrangeWalls
Go and try the Vox. I can tell you that they can sound pretty heavy IMO. I have bought mine for the cleans, but use it now in stereo with my GH50l for distortion. I'd say its worth a try. Plus a AC4 is incredible sexy

the problem with the vox is i have to special order it
and I'm going to gc tomorrow to try out amps.
I don't like gc's collection of in-store combo amps. They only have Marshall MG's, Fender's, Line 6 spider III and IV, Ravens and Peavey's.
Now granted that the Fender's are ok and the peavey's are pretty good, they have a pretty bad selection......
Quote by pedroskins
the problem with the vox is i have to special order it
and I'm going to gc tomorrow to try out amps.
I don't like gc's collection of in-store combo amps. They only have Marshall MG's, Fender's, Line 6 spider III and IV, Ravens and Peavey's.
Now granted that the Fender's are ok and the peavey's are pretty good, they have a pretty bad selection......

Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
See if they have a Fender SuperChamp XD and see if you like that. I do.

Check their used section too. If you want to tell us which store, maybe we could peek at their used selection now.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 27, 2009,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
See if they have a Fender SuperChamp XD and see if you like that. I do.

Check their used section too. If you want to tell us which store, maybe we could peak at their used selection now.

+1. Despite being a Fender, it has some really nice Metal tones.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I just checked the used section and they have a used peavey bandit 65 W/FS for $150
is there any chance of it being defective?
is this the tube amp?
stay away from the bandit,and no its not a tube amp
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
30 day
Quote by angusfan16
well I bought my MG on August 17th, do you think they'll still accept it?
It's broken so I need to get it returned and exchanged but I wanted to get a different amp.......any suggestions?
at least try, you never know
Quote by angusfan16
go home and cry or bring in a shotgun and threaten them
Quote by angusfan16
lol
if i get it fixed by marshall would they take a return then? or would i have to sell it to them?
no cuz you have to return in 30 day
Quote by angusfan16
Quote by pedroskins
well I bought my MG on August 17th, do you think they'll still accept it?
It's broken so I need to get it returned and exchanged but I wanted to get a different amp.......any suggestions?

You missed it by about 10 days. I'd go in there and raise all hell and demand something different or at a minimum an even exchange. You do have a warranty too.
Hey.....the Ravens actually do decent sounding cleans.....but yeah the distortion is ****ing garbage
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
You missed it by about 10 days. I'd go in there and raise all hell and demand something different or at a minimum an even exchange. You do have a warranty too.

But the warranty is for marshall not gc right?
Well...it looks like i'm going to raise hell in like and hour...
I think they'll take it, they're pretty nice
I'll say something like: "Well i only missed it by a couple days could i just get the store credit?"
Does that sound good?
Quote by pedroskins
But the warranty is for marshall not gc right?
Well...it looks like i'm going to raise hell in like and hour...
I think they'll take it, they're pretty nice
I'll say something like: "Well i only missed it by a couple days could i just get the store credit?"
Does that sound good?

1 year parts and labor from Marshall. You deal with them directly unless you got an extended service plan through GC. That would be on your receipt if you did. If not, just set up a repair through Marshall directly. It will be the easiest way.

As far as trade in? Expect 25% of what you paid roughly. And they won't take it if it's broken.

SuperchampXD get's my vote. I'm not a big fan of the vypers side by side with the champs.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Get the new series of MG's

I'm serious. They sound awesome
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Actually you may have 45 days to return it and get store credit, at least at Samash you do. Call them now.
Quote by SquierLolz
Get the new series of MG's

I'm serious. They sound awesome

that's what he had.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
is the dfx the new series?
cuz i have a marshall MG30FX
so at guitar center the return time is 45 days?
I suggest you call them regarding their exchange for store credit policy.

There are better amps out there for the money. echo echo echo
Quote by pedroskins
is the dfx the new series?
cuz i have a marshall MG30FX
so at guitar center the return time is 45 days?

does you amp have this control panel?

or the old one?

sorry, i just assumed that you bought the new one, since you bought it in august and the MG4 has been out since February.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Sep 28, 2009,
mine looks like the top control panel
no problem, just wasn't sure
So I went there and they wouldn't take it, they said the system was locked that way so they couldn't take it back
Overall I've decided to keep the MG until around Christmas time and sell it and get either the Peavey classic 30(tube amp) or the Peavey vypyr tube
should have bought from samash, you would have a new amp tonight.
Page 1 of 2