Last week, I dropped off my '65 Ampeg Gemini I at Solderhaus for a grounded, 3-prong upgrade. I also got a partial cap job and had all the old tubes replaced with new re-issued ones. I picked it up this morning in Seattle.

Man, what an awesome amp! Brent @ Solderhaus really took care of my amp. No more hum -- seems like the last dude who worked on it installed one of the big can caps backwards (WTF!).

All the vintage tubes checked out A-OK, too, but I plan to save 'em for now. He also cleaned all the tube connections -- no more crackling after 10 minutes.

Now that I have a properly grounded power cable, I got to hear my IKEA Gorm pedalboard through this amp for the first time. It was SCHWEET!

Old amps are a pain in the ass, but when they're working and all tuned up, they sound *so* nice.
"In Power Trios I Trust..."
Gibson SG Classic, Fender CP Jaguar Special HH, '65 RI Mustang
'65 Ampeg Gemini I G-12 Combo, Orange Tiny Terror
Here are some pictures the last owner took. I still need a few of my own:

I remember seeing your thread where you asked us if you should get it. How much did you wind up paying?

It looks beautiful man.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I paid $120 + tax. There was a $100 bench fee and he charged $10 for the new power cord. There were a couple of new filter caps for $10, too.

I think Brent @ Solderhaus did a great job. I printed out a one-page summary of all the amp's issues, the work I wanted done, and the history of the amp (as I knew it). I also included some schematics I found on the interwebs.

He gave me detailed notes about what he did, what was wrong, and how he fixed it. He also pulled all the old tubes as requested, tested them, and labeled them in the boxes from the new tubes. And if that weren't enough, he corrected all of the mistakes on the schematics I provided, telling me that the best schematic for this amp is the one included inside it on the backside of the rear panel.

A-#1 customer service. He's got a customer for life.
Sweet stuff man, thanks!
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15