Hi everyone, well, im a guitar player , and i want to start playing bass as side proyect.
The thing is , while looking on the internet, i found a guy , saying he is selling an Acoustic Amp. The problem here is that he doesnt describe the amp very well he's just sayin:

"Selling Acoustic Amp of 250 Watts, its a head with a separate 15" speaker, IT DOESNT WORK, and i dont know whats the problem"

When i read that, i thought "doesnt work , ***k it" but then i saw the price: $600 mexican pesos(i live in Mexico, where new 25W Fender Rumble cost more than 250 dlls),
which would be like 40 dollars for both amp and head. I think thats EXTREMELY cheap taking into consideration what i said bout the fender rumble.

With the description he wrote, i thought it would be this. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Acoustic-B200H-200W-Bass-Head-and-B115-250W-1x15-Bass-Cab-Package-483494-i1415333.gc . thats $400 dlls

So what do you think guys, should i take it? and take the risk if it can be fixed or not? Or should i pay a lot more money for a 25 Fender Rumble?

Btw, excuse my bad english.
Last edited by Lemming16 at Sep 27, 2009,
While you did confuse me a little about the prices, if it's really cheap compared to the regular, take it, you may be able o have someone fix it cheaply. And your English is not bad at all compared to some people who use this site.
Quote by edgeyyz
While you did confuse me a little about the prices, if it's really cheap compared to the regular, take it, you may be able o have someone fix it cheaply. And your English is not bad at all compared to some people who use this site.

Sorry, I also thought it was very confusing when i wrote it. Let me simplify things.

-Acoustic 250 Watts head and "15 cabinet THAT DOESNT WORK : $40 dollars
-25 Watts Fender Rumble: $250 to $300
If you have the money to spare, definitely pick it up. You can pop the head open and see if there are any loose connections, otherwise take it somewhere to have work done. They can't inflate the price of labor the way they inflate imported equipment! *insert cheap Mexican labor joke here*
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Take it. If you or someone you know can't figure out the problem, take it somewhere where you could have it checked out/fixed for a reasonable price (You know, just so it's not so much that it's not worth it anymore).
Thanks for the advice, i think im picking it up before someone does, the guy just announced it today.

The only thing im really afraid is that it cannot be fixed at all. But if i can get it fixed, It will be tits. (i hope "tits" means cool, i saw it on 4chan.)
Quote by Lemming16
Thanks for the advice, i think im picking it up before someone does, the guy just announced it today.

The only thing im really afraid is that it cannot be fixed at all. But if i can get it fixed, It will be tits. (i hope "tits" means cool, i saw it on 4chan.)

Good luck with that amp, if it all works out then youve got your hands on one hell of a deal.

Also, the pit is probably the closest section of UG to 4chan ... just keep 4chan on 4chan though. Some of the habits and memes gained from the chan boards can be pretty annoying or put you in a awkward situation socially anyway.
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
Quote by Thegian
Good luck with that amp, if it all works out then youve got your hands on one hell of a deal.

Also, the pit is probably the closest section of UG to 4chan ... just keep 4chan on 4chan though. Some of the habits and memes gained from the chan boards can be pretty annoying or put you in a awkward situation socially anyway.

Don't worry, i think i'll never visit that site again, for the sake of my brain health.