that looks good, i'd say it's pretty original.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
I plan to either use a marker to draw the design onto the guitar, which might be pretty stupid, or mask out these areas and spray paint...so i will have a solid 2 layer coloured design...

What colours do you think would go well together? i was thinking a dull orange as the final colour and the design in black...any opinions?
why not use a natural finish with the design in red like you have it it in the pics.

i think that would look really nice.

cool design by the way
Quote by marcus1019
why not use a natural finish with the design in red like you have it it in the pics.

i think that would look really nice.

cool design by the way

This.

Then you could use a wood burning tool to go over the lines that cross. That would look excellent actually..

Wine red finish on the design, and burn the lines.
Gear:
-2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-1 mini stack
thanks guys...I don't think i would want to expose the bare wood...

Though, i'm pretty sure there are certain printers which i can photo-copy the exact sized design and print it out on some sticker material? Has anyone done this before? Is it expensive?
Quote by NoobOnZone
wait...so i spray paint the areas which dont have the design, and leave the areas with the design bare? Then i burn in the designs on the bare wood...sweet...sounds good...

Eh no, I don't think i'd use spray paint.

I'd personally use a wine red finish. Paint the whole guitar. Let it dry blah blah blah then wood burn the area's with the design.
Gear:
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
but how would i paint the guitar then? :/ sorry, i'm totally noob to customizing...my first proper project..

But if i have paint on, how would i wood burn it?
Quote by NoobOnZone
but how would i paint the guitar then? :/ sorry, i'm totally noob to customizing...my first proper project..

But if i have paint on, how would i wood burn it?

Sorry dude, I have no clue. I've never customised a guitar, so im just giving you my $0.02 and telling you my opinion of design.

Sorry
Gear:
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Well, I'd inlay it, but that just me. I think the next best then would be paint. Tape the design and paint it in. If you know how to dry-brush, white or gray hash marks could look cool too.

Nothing is over done if you like it.
thanks suttle...but does anyone know if its possible to print out the designs on some kind of sticker material? Is this expensive?
Quote by NoobOnZone
thanks suttle...but does anyone know if its possible to print out the designs on some kind of sticker material? Is this expensive?

comrade curry printed out the mona lisa and put her on a headstock let me find the thread…

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1141704&page=5&pp=40

I think he just printed it out on regular paper and used nitrocellulose
Stenciling would look good if you lacquered it after.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
^ yeah i either cut out a template or the pieces of the design itself...problem with stenciling is that i'm not sure whether i'll be able to cut out the pieces with a steady hand...the designs aren't straight lines

What do you guys think about using adhesive paper? Just copy the design over and cut them out, stick them onto the guitar and paint? Remove them and theres my design...
I would definitely carve that design out. That would be beyond awesome to me
Quote by guitarcam123
http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/logo.htm
Same thing, just do it on the body instead of the headstock.

in that case...i'll be using a marker to colour a pretty large area...masking off might be a better idea? Thanks though...i plan to do this with a Schecter decal...but i'm currently looking to get a professional to get it done...well, at least he has SOME experience doing the brand decals..

Though, how should i go about masking these things up? Adhesive paper? Draw and cut and stick?