Page 1 of 3
LL Cool J is a hip hop legend no matter what you say, but being in the rock n roll hall of fame is pretty silly.
do you think it ever had credibility? the rock and roll hall of fame is a **** stain on the underwear of rock and roll. madonna is in the hall of fame. nuff said

Quote by tonedeafidiot
Rock N Roll Hall of Fame is for ALL successful/influential artists.

thus it is a misnomer. it is the ROCK N ROLL hall of fame. not the MUSIC hall of fame
that makes no sense. I call bs
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
I've said it before, and I'll say it again....
WHERE THE HELL IS RUSH?
Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat ->Hendrix Wah--> Boss CS-3 -> Boss BD-2 -> Big Muff Pi-> Crappy Line 6 amp

PEACE LOVE MUSIC

Who cares? This is not as big of a deal as you guys are going to make it.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Khromium
Rather, I call shenanigans!

It's on the homepage of this very site.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by element4433
Who cares? This is not as big of a deal as you guys are going to make it.

well its kinda a huge deal for someone in the music business, and for someone to just stroll in and take something that they dont really meet the criteria for is unfair to real artists and real bands. you know, people with musical talent.
Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat ->Hendrix Wah--> Boss CS-3 -> Boss BD-2 -> Big Muff Pi-> Crappy Line 6 amp

PEACE LOVE MUSIC

Quote by Hybrid_Xer0
LL Cool J is a hip hop legend no matter what you say, but being in the rock n roll hall of fame is pretty silly.

even so there are many other hip hop artists who deserve it over him imo
and it's not for hip hop artists anyway
RnRHoF has always been stupid.

I don't care whether or not my favorite bands are in there, nor do I care if LL Cool J is in there.

However, if MJ can be it, anyone who is successful can be it.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Honestly, I don't see why people care so much about who is and isn't in the Rock 'N Roll Hall Of Fame. It's not like it makes someone's music any better or worse.
Quote by PopoMcZowZow
well its kinda a huge deal for someone in the music business, and for someone to just stroll in and take something that they dont really meet the criteria for is unfair to real artists and real bands. you know, people with musical talent.

So rappers have no musical talent?

Someone is a closeminded...
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Quote by PopoMcZowZow
LL Cool J isn't in the music business?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has stuff from Run DMC, Flava Flav, and other classic hip-hop acts.

Who cares, it's a business not a museum.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by MLilienthal
even so there are many other hip hop artists who deserve it over him imo
and it's not for hip hop artists anyway
It can be if they want it to be.
Quote by element4433
LL Cool J isn't in the music business?

But not the rock n roll business
Why do so many people on this site get mad when rappers are nominated or inducted to the RRHOF? If the RRHOF really only inducted ROCK N ROLL musicians (no metal, rap, and pop) the majority of the current inductees would not qualify.
You listen to rock, your ass is goin to HELL! You listen to country western music, read your bible, you saved, your soul is saved.
Quote by Red-Rockabilly
Why do so many people on this site get mad when rappers are nominated or inducted to the RRHOF? If the RRHOF really only inducted ROCK N ROLL musicians (no metal, rap, and pop) the majority of the current inductees would not qualify.
+1
Quote by tontentanz
But not the rock n roll business
Of course not. But who cares?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by The Madcap
It can be if they want it to be.

Yeah of course what I meant was that it's called the rock n' roll hall of fame so you would just expect it to be reserved for rock and roll acts

yeah it's a close minded/pretentious/presumptuous/racist/communist/blah blah blah whatever the **** thing to say but I don't care
Quote by Red-Rockabilly

this

if you want true "rock n roll", you've got to go back into the 1950's
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Red-Rockabilly

That's right. They don't qualify.

Everybody in this thread needs to stop acting like there aren't any rock n roll acts 25 years old or older.
Last edited by tontentanz at Sep 27, 2009,
Are you serious?

He doesn't even fall into the "rock" genre.

How stupid of the RnRHoF. Dx
Quote by PopoMcZowZow

I'm sorry, but this genuinely makes me angry. I'm a very open-minded person, especially when it comes to music. Rap IS music. Just a different genre. Music is any audible, rhythmic sound used to convey ideas or emotions. Rap definitely fits that category. Now don't get me wrong, I love Rock too and definitely think that Rap should've gotten it's own Hall of Fame instead of going into Rock's, but to undermine it's influence in culture and also how much WORK and SOUL was put into some of the genre's gems is just disrespectful.

I will be the first person to admit that the majority of Rap today is a bast**d child of what it once was (I, for one, blame the glorification of the "thug" lifestyle. No disrespect to Tupac or Biggie, for they were true poets, but it set a bad example for the current "artists"), but there is a LOT of rap out there that still sets a shining example of a great poetry/melody mix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FSYRo-BpMs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeMKM-eQPB4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnUt0zAKLO0
rock and roll is a blanket term used for most popular music. yes it seems deceiving because of the word ROCK but its nothing that people should be taking arms against. most of you don't even listen to proper "rock and roll" anyway so why do you care? i totally agree with what element4433 says.
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by DimebagRIP93
I'm sorry, but this genuinely makes me angry. I'm a very open-minded person, especially when it comes to music. Rap IS music. Just a different genre. Music is any audible, rhythmic sound used to convey ideas or emotions. Rap definitely fits that category. Now don't get me wrong, I love Rock too and definitely think that Rap should've gotten it's own Hall of Fame instead of going into Rock's, but to undermine it's influence in culture and also how much WORK and SOUL was put into some of the genre's gems is just disrespectful.

I will be the first person to admit that the majority of Rap today is a bast**d child of what it once was (I, for one, blame the glorification of the "thug" lifestyle. No disrespect to Tupac or Biggie, for they were true poets, but it set a bad example for the current "artists"), but there is a LOT of rap out there that still sets a shining example of a great poetry/melody mix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FSYRo-BpMs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeMKM-eQPB4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnUt0zAKLO0

While I agree that some rap has talented musicians, his point was that rappersaren't rock musicians.
Quote by Hybrid_Xer0
LL Cool J is a hip hop legend no matter what you say

This.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by rasveer
rock and roll is a blanket term used for most popular music. yes it seems deceiving because of the word ROCK but its nothing that people should be taking arms against. most of you don't even listen to proper "rock and roll" anyway so why do you care?

All we're doing is pointing out the misnomer. I think I'll start my own RnR Hall Of Fame now.
Quote by tontentanz
While I agree that some rap has talented musicians, his point was that rappersaren't rock musicians.

I know. Which is exactly why I said that Rap deserves it's own Hall of Fame, as opposed to being lumped into Rock's. Rap is really it's own genre. If it had roots in anything, I'd have to say that it was Funk.
I understand artists like Run DMC and (in the future) Public Enemy but what contribution hass LL made to rap. The Hall of Fame loses its credibility whith every year that goes by
Lifes a grave and I dig it!
Quote by PopoMcZowZow

Yeah, us REAL musicians with our wooden sticks with metal threads attatched to them have it so tough these days. Don't even get me started about those cash-minded fucks who just press a button on a computer and spit out a beat. MUSIC WAS BETTER IN THE 60s

AHHHHH GET ME OUT OF HERE MODERN EVERYTHING SUCKS

OBJECTIVE SUBJECTIVE

SWEET JESUS I'M A BITTER NOSTALGIC FUCK

Quote by tontentanz
All we're doing is pointing out the misnomer. I think I'll start my own RnR Hall Of Fame now.

I don't know what else you listen to but I don't think a fan of a perfect circle would be very good a this.
You listen to rock, your ass is goin to HELL! You listen to country western music, read your bible, you saved, your soul is saved.
Page 1 of 3