Hey guys.. I plan to get a Blackstar HT-5 Head but i wanna know what cab i should get for it.. also are cabs the kind of things you have to go and try out or do they all sounds pretty similar? (Im a newbie when it comes to cabs and heads as i have always had combos)

Thanks
Quote by srq89
yeah easily, I took on one of my uncles who's suppose to be the strongest in the family and has the hottest wife. Tamed him like my bitch and then wacked off afterward thinking about his wife.

All in all, a very productive day.
You should try out cabs, but if you can't, you can't, you know?

Try and get a Framus 212. I'm not exactly sure what's available in Australia.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
The most important part of a cab is the speakers inside (it just a few pieces of wood). Pick out speakers you like, and then buy the most expensive cab you can afford, usually build quality is directly linked to price point.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Yer price isnt an issue really coz i plan to save up for all this stuff so im looking around for exactly what i want then i will just set my self to save the amount i need... I have heard good things bout Celestion V30's?
Quote by srq89
yeah easily, I took on one of my uncles who's suppose to be the strongest in the family and has the hottest wife. Tamed him like my bitch and then wacked off afterward thinking about his wife.

Quote by handlerb
The most important part of a cab is the speakers inside (it just a few pieces of wood). Pick out speakers you like, and then buy the most expensive cab you can afford, usually build quality is directly linked to price point.

Speakers are important but the wood and build quality play a huge role in sound as well. You could easily build one with minimal cost and maximum quality/customness if you have the woodworking know-how.
I'd build my own cab..

Here in NH, my local store sells cabs of all sizes that are pre-cut. Like theres nothing in them. They aren't fabricated, no speakers or anything. You could buy a 4x12 cab for like $50-75, slap 4 v-30's in, wire it up and you're off. It's so much cheaper then buy cabs that have been proffesionally made. But sometimes that's a smarter move rather then build one if you don't trust yourself.
Gear:
-2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-1 mini stack
yer well im TERRIBLE at woodwork i was so bad at it at schooll.. but my dad isnt to bad.. but that would mean id need like a solder iron and stuff to wire the speakers up yer? Also does anyone know if you can get the precut ones in Sydney?
Quote by srq89

All you need really is some 3/4" plywood (good stuff) with screws, glue, and some 3/4"x3/4" poplar for internal bracing. Cut out a hole in the front and voila! you have yourself a speaker cab.

Protip: Here are some 2x12 dimensions that you and your dad could easily use to get something good. Grab a couple WGS speakers and you should be set.
Last edited by acdcrocks0323 at Sep 27, 2009,
Is there any threads on here bout how to make one? Coz obviously its to quite as simple as acdcrocks as said :P Like with details of the wiring and the sockets you have to buy etc.
Quote by srq89