Page 1 of 2
So I'm wanting something hi gain... Something i can plug right into and get away playing decently heavy stuff.. I'm looking at a Mark IV right now, but I want to keep the option of having maybe a cheaper combo that'll give me sufficient gain AND cleans, while not blowing my whole load on a pricey head... So, any advice on guitar amps to check out when i go scouting in a couple days? Either in combo or stack form... Anything i might like considering i dig the Mark IV.... Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!
... you got hit by a hummer? (on toppic i like mesa's a lot, personally i would go with one of the roadster or the roadking series.) Edit whups dident seen that you wanted non pricy at first.
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
Last edited by selibucaz at Sep 27, 2009,
How much are you going to get from being hit by a Hummer?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Mark IV will get you there, but you will have to spend time to tweak with everything.
boom! I'm sueing you and buy a new rig you jack ass! Lol.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
What kinds of tones are you looking for, and how much do you have to spend from said Hummer?
Quote by thrasher.
Mark IV will get you there, but you will have to spend time to tweak with everything.

Time? Not really that much. First minutes of getting mine i got it sounding better than i ever did my

time as in being able to spend hours dialing in different tones that never keep you bored? Thats true.

Try the Roadking, roadster and mark IV to see which one you like better
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by lipscombaaron
Got hit by a hummer! So insurance check will by me a new amp =)

Are you ok man?
Quote by Junnage
GuitarUser knows what's up*

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
digital amps are like Fapping, its good but nothings like the real thing.
I'd go for a DSL50/DSL100 depending on the wattage with a nice cab. It should be cheaper than the Marks and the DSLs are great amps.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Mesas aren't the best for plug & play
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by GuitarUser
Are you ok man?

"I'm paralyzed from the waist down, but I'm getting a new amp so who cares?!"
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
hahahah
Quote by Junnage
GuitarUser knows what's up*

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
digital amps are like Fapping, its good but nothings like the real thing.
Best thread title on UG in a while!
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Raijouta
How much are you going to get from being hit by a Hummer?

I am gonna get 1,600.00... And i will use 300 or so of that to fix the car myself)) And the rest will be amp funding.... Plus im trying to get rid of a 55 watt Rivera Knucklehead and those profits will be added to the pot.... My goal is to NOT add any money from my personal savings to this =)
Quote by GuitarUser
Are you ok man?

I guess i should've been more informative in the post.. BUT I AM FLATTERED THE PIT IS SO CARING! We were at a 4 way stop and the hummer was in front of me... And out of nowhere he just went into reverse))) So i have felt more turbulence on the tea cups at disney world.... But alas! My wallet has magically gotten fatter!
Quote by GuitarUser
Are you ok man?

I cant believe this took so long to be said lol
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
And i am willing to use it all on something, like a Mark, or whatever.... But i am just also wanting to consider cheaper alternatives as well... So, Mexican shred, you seem to like your Mark IV? What kind of stuff do you play with it?
Quote by Say Ocean
I'd love to get hit with a hummer right about now.

The guy was obviously loaded.. He wanted to settle it out of pocket, because he has many vehicles and the premiums would go up on all of them... he didnt even ask any questions when i told him the estimate price over the phone... Which was 60 bones more than my cars actual value.. He just said, 'alright ill put the check in the mail today'....... The insurance company would have totaled it out and probably given me less than value to keep the car... gotta love profit....
You mean your car got hit by a hummer, not yourself. I think there was some confusion over this.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by lipscombaaron
The guy was obviously loaded.. He wanted to settle it out of pocket, because he has many vehicles and the premiums would go up on all of them... he didnt even ask any questions when i told him the estimate price over the phone... Which was 60 bones more than my cars actual value.. He just said, 'alright ill put the check in the mail today'....... The insurance company would have totaled it out and probably given me less than value to keep the car... gotta love profit....

I was actually making a pun of the other meaning of hummer, but that would be pretty sweet too.
Damn, your story should go into the "You know that you are addicted to gear, when..." thread.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
The Mesa Mark IV is NOT a plug and play amp - those things take a little while to dial in to get the sweet tones they're capable of.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I'm sorry you got into a car accident, but you only seem to be concerned with the money you are getting. I guess what I've gathered is that you are going to spend $300 to fix your car and spend $1,300 on a new amp?

Let's do this correctly.

Budget?
New or Used?
Home or Gig?
Genres you play?
Current gear?
Closest city?

k?
You're a jackass, be grateful you're alright.
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
Oh, screw you all. If a man can get hit by a ****ing Hummer and be able to be comedic about it, go him!
Quote by LukeElliff
IF you want faster stumming then loosen your strings, that will force you into using more strength

Quote by pantallica95
i dont know about the polarity and ****, but my regular ones just wont go in the hole without a lot of force.
This happened to me....I did the same thing...except...i got hit by a trash truck..

it was sweet.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
ENGL Fireball for good cleans, high gain and nothing else in-between?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
ENGL Fireball for good cleans, high gain and nothing else in-between?

+ 1 , also get the Fireball 100 instead of Fireball 60 , the 100 has a gain knob for each channel instead of a shared gain knob for both clean and lead.
Orange Enthousiast.
This should be in the "You know you're addicted to gear when..." thread.

You know you're addicted when you get hit by a Hummer and the first thing you think is "Man, I'm gonna get some sweet gear off the insurance check."
No. I first read it as "I got hit by a hammer" and was thinking major law suit = tens of thousands of dollars.

Just hope your insurance company doesn't ask for the receipt for the work you got done on your car, which I am assuming has at least 1 repair estimate done
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 27, 2009,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
TS - I take it that is your knucklehead on craigslist?

Sell that and get this:

http://springfield.craigslist.org/msg/1368124529.html

+1 to this and 311's post before this

The stilleto's and tridents are incredibly underrated mesa amps imo capable of many tones
to answer your question everything. from jazz to death metal and everything in between. Its not a plug in play amp to get the best sound but its a good amp to dial in a quick tone thats good. The reason its not a plug in play for the sweet tone is because it has
a) alot of options for the way you run the tubes and tube types, and power
b) lots of EQ knobs and three channels
c) EQing is a little different than you would most amps

Regardless its an amp that never gets boring
Quote by mexican_shred

The stilleto's and tridents are incredibly underrated mesa amps imo capable of many tones
to answer your question everything. from jazz to death metal and everything in between. Its not a plug in play amp to get the best sound but its a good amp to dial in a quick tone thats good. The reason its not a plug in play for the sweet tone is because it has

Plus with the 9 Power tubes it's complete win!

Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by AustinxAtomic
You're a jackass, be grateful you're alright.

Okay buddy,

Turns out i am actually being a nice guy.. Im letting this guy pay outta pocket instead of raping him with his insurance premiums.. When the guy clearly had a few drinks that night.. And of course thought of a new amp were not immediate... And i'm blessed that I'm okay and i'm not some ingrate that 'prays' to get in a car accident.... How morbid is that? Put yourself in my situation... You get hit, you get check bigger than what you paid for the car.. YOU can fix the car yourself for a fraction of the cost... YOU now have this extra cash.... What am I supposed to do?

Thank you
Quote by mexican_shred

Stilletos can do death metal?
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Last edited by no.mop at Sep 27, 2009,
Quote by no.mop
Stilletos can do death metal?

my post was about mark IV. The question in question was the TS question to me abotu the mark IV

Stilettos can get to dm though in case you are wondering. While it may not be powerball heavy and thick it still does a nice job of it
Page 1 of 2