Page 1 of 10
I find their first 2 albums bearable.

Continue discussion as you so please.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
The two red light n my eyes songs were cool, the rest was a bit meh.
The porblem wars I first listened to tokyo warhearts a lot and then later to the actual studio versions.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I really like them, I love their classical influences in their earlier albums and you can't argue that the guitar parts are just masterpieces
Ooh, it's back up

Anyhoo, I reckon they just got progressively worse. Their old band had some pretty good stuff going on there
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Sep 27, 2009,
Quote by ThemBones
I really like them, I love their classical influences in their earlier albums and you can't argue that the guitar parts are just masterpieces

Quite correct.

I sort of liked Are You Dead Yet at one point and that's about it. I wish Laiho would read... something, anything.
I think Alexi has become overrated in the guitar world. He has great chops, but most of his playing simply revolves around the F major scale.

Still, their first few releases were unique and fun, though some filler songs tend to sound the same. The new stuff has a bunch of killer songs, but some rather generic material too.
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
Last edited by Reds3031 at Sep 27, 2009,
Quote by Reds3031
I think Alexi has become overrated in the guitar world. He has great chops, but most of his playing simply revolves around the F major scale.

Still, their first few releases were unique and fun, though some filler songs tend to sound the same. The new stuff has a bunch of killer songs, but some rather generic material too.

He is VERY overrated, his chops are pretty sloppy compared to some of metals lesser known guitarists.

I love hatebreeder - best album of theirs easily

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by thorbor
The two red light n my eyes songs were cool, the rest was a bit meh.
The porblem wars I first listened to tokyo warhearts a lot and then later to the actual studio versions.

Yeah, I think Tokyo Warhearts is just better. The playing is incredibly tight and the studio versions just sound a bit sterile in comparison.
Up The Boro!
I like the solo in Downfall, in fact that whole song is good. Other than that, they're even harder to enjoy as time goes by. Fun when you're angsty and fourteen years old though.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Their stuff is great for running.
<_<
>_>

Follow the Reaper is my favorite album though.
Ibanez RG350MDX
Dunlop Jazz IIIs
DR Tite-fits(Only because High-Beams sell too fast for me to buy them)
Carvin X212B
I used to be obsessed with them, but now I don't really listen to them. Occasionally I'll stick in Hatebreeder or Something Wild.
My Last.FM

"The more you think, the better you're going to play. That should be a quote somewhere."
- Marty Friedman
Hatebreeder and Follow The Reaper are legendary.

Anything else is trash.
Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man
don't really like children of bodom. although they were what led to me liking death metal.
i used to, i still think, for what it is, are you dead yet is a good album.

alexi is overrated as a soloist and under-rated among rif***e circles.
illustration student - happy to do any band artwork/logos
some of my work can be seen at:

theGentleSquid

yay, new CoB thread. I like some of there songs, I don't like others. That's all I'm gonna contribute for now
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
I used to love Children of Bodom. I don't really listen to them very often but I will ocasionally get back into them.
Their first three albums are amazing but their newer stuff.....not so much. Although blooddrunk was better then AYDY IMO so hopefully they are going in the right direction. Also are their any Edmontonians going to the autograph signing or the concert on the third? Also first page!
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Last edited by ESPLTDV401DX at Sep 27, 2009,
I like them. I call me crazy, but I think they peaked around Follow the Reaper of Hate Crew Deathroll.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Personally I love all of their albums, and it seems I'm the only person on this forum that does
Quote by CTFOD
I like them. I call me crazy, but I think they peaked around Follow the Reaper of Hate Crew Deathroll.

Everyone knows that, silly

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re
Personally I love all of their albums, and it seems I'm the only person on this forum that does

Nah, I love all of their albums. I do agree with what someone said that Blooddrunk was better than Are you Dead yet.
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re

I can find at least three songs on each album that i like.
I dont listen to them as much as i used to nowadays, guess i'm taking a break from them.
I kinda like all their albums, i only heard of them when AYDY? came out so i've always liked that album.
I was never that keen on Blooddrunk, some good stuff, but i still though it was a bit meh, probably my least favourite album by them.
Hate Crew Deathrolls pretty good i only listen to it every now and again.
The first 3 albums are my favourites, Hatebreeders probably my very favourite.

Also Are Bodom playing the whole of kissing the shadows live or are they doing their sh*tty mashups which conveniently miss the solos off the songs. I was so pissed when they cut Lake Bodom in half last time i saw them.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Well I do now what songs they played... but I'm not sure it the order is correct.

Living Dead Beat
Hellhounds on My Trail
Silent Night, Bodom Night
Hate Me!
Follow The Reaper
Lake Bodom
Bodom After Midnight
Are You Dead Yet?
Blooddrunk
Angels Don't Kill
In Your Face
Children of Decadence
Kissing The Shadows (They played this just for MTL apparently)
Bodom Beach Terror
Downfall

Encore:
Everytime I die
Hate Crew Deathroll
I drink your milkshake.
I still like Bodom, but I think Alexi has gotten sloppy compared to the first 3 or 4 albums; too busy gettin drunk instread of practicing or something.

Also, has anybody else ever noticed, if you watch like Alexi lessons and stuff, that sometimes the fingering he does (in terms of using a particular finger to play a certain note) is sometimes strange? Like on ATDY? the little melodic thing he plays right before he sings is played on the 13th and 17th frets, but he uses his index and middle finger?
Member #8 of the "I Love Mexican Food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join
Quote by InvaderTSN
If that's true, I'm gonna be pissed.

They said they haven't played that song in a VERY long time and the tour had already began like a week-two weeks ago?
I drink your milkshake.
Quote by SeveredSurvival
Well I do now what songs they played... but I'm not sure it the order is correct.

Living Dead Beat
Hellhounds on My Trail
Silent Night, Bodom Night
Hate Me!
Follow The Reaper
Lake Bodom
Bodom After Midnight
Are You Dead Yet?
Blooddrunk
Angels Don't Kill
In Your Face
Children of Decadence
Kissing The Shadows (They played this just for MTL apparently)
Bodom Beach Terror
Downfall

Encore:
Everytime I die
Hate Crew Deathroll

Holy ****! Sweet setlist!!!
I can only stand this band in small doses. There are only a few songs by them that I can listen to.

But goddamn, they put on one hell of a show. Seeing them live was amazing, even if they didn't play Lake Bodom on Gigantour (don't think so, at least).
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re

nope, im absolutely addicted to bodom, love all of their albums
also just saw them live last saturday for the first time and now im more obsessed than before....they played a ton of their big name songs and it was insanely energetic especially after being pumped up by skeletonwitch and black dahlia
plus roope slapped me a high five which is the awesomest thing evar
Quote by Vittu0666
I'm really surprised that their set list has so many older songs.

So am I.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Wait, so they're gonna play it for the U.S tour or no?

I have no idea.
Hopefully, you guys get it, but Montreal just gives one hell of a run for "best show on tours". Just make sure the pits are crazy and everyone goes nuts for every band and you might get longer setlists I'm pretty sure we got two more BDM songs than everyone else and Skeletonwitch well, they just played their regular setlist.
I drink your milkshake.