Page 2 of 10
Quote by SeveredSurvival
Saw them recently they played Kissing the Shadows.

sweet, Kissing the Shadows is one of my favorite if not my favorite song by them
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
That's probably because the band is dying, and can't return.

They either make a sub-par album in the style they want to write in or a sub-par album similar to what fans want but it will indefinitely fail due to the fact they don't like writing in the style.

Plus Alexi has gotten sloppy with playing only the easier stuff from blooddrunk albums, so it is dissapointing seeing him play things like KTS live

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by metallicafan616
That's probably because the band is dying, and can't return.

They either make a sub-par album in the style they want to write in or a sub-par album similar to what fans want but it will indefinitely fail due to the fact they don't like writing in the style.

Plus Alexi has gotten sloppy with playing only the easier stuff from blooddrunk albums, so it is dissapointing seeing him play things like KTS live

Exactly this. They are just dying. The original fans are growing tired of their older ****, and disliking most of the new ****. They seem to have kind of given up and let the more mainstream popularity they have attained run its course.

They've created some gems for sure, great songs that will go down as classics (At least in my book). But I think that's all we're gonna see from them.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Guess you can say this thread is going towards dead end.

lololol

Or the thread is on the Downfall.

ololol
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by Cianyx
I reckon they just got progressively worse.

THIS
"We carry death out of the village!"
i saw them a few nights ago in toronto, my third time seeing them, and i think it was their best show out of the 3 i have seen.
they played a killer set.
Quote by Dethkreep
Exactly this. They are just dying. The original fans are growing tired of their older ****, and disliking most of the new ****. They seem to have kind of given up and let the more mainstream popularity they have attained run its course.

They've created some gems for sure, great songs that will go down as classics (At least in my book). But I think that's all we're gonna see from them.

Yeah im growing tired of their old stuff slowly. Unless the next album (if there even is one) is like Hatebreeder 2: Still breeding hate or follow the reaper 2 I will be done with them. CoB were angels that have now fallen from grace. I watch the passage to the reaper dvd and can't believe Alexi is the same guy that made AYDY or Blooddrunk. He was off with the Jackson RR and CoB were better off with Alexander. No disrespect to Roope, but Alexander is more suited to them.
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Quote by ESPLTDV401DX
Yeah im growing tired of their old stuff slowly. Unless the next album (if there even is one) is like Hatebreeder 2: Still breeding hate or follow the reaper 2 I will be done with them. CoB were angels that have now fallen from grace. I watch the passage to the reaper dvd and can't believe Alexi is the same guy that made AYDY or Blooddrunk. He was off with the Jackson RR and CoB were better off with Alexander. No disrespect to Roope, but Alexander is more suited to them.

I'm not sure it was anything to do with Roope to be honest, it's Alexi who writes most of the songs and lyrics and the music is going to move in whatever direction he chooses.

HCDR is a very different sounding record to Something Wild anyway, and those were both recorded with Jacksons and Alex.
Up The Boro!
Quote by Oddsbodkins
I'm not sure it was anything to do with Roope to be honest, it's Alexi who writes most of the songs and lyrics and the music is going to move in whatever direction he chooses.

HCDR is a very different sounding record to Something Wild anyway, and those were both recorded with Jacksons and Alex.

Yeah good point. Although HCDR and Something wild were still amazing albums. Also didn't Alexi get the Jackson stolen before AYDY
Quote by SeveredSurvival
Well I do now what songs they played... but I'm not sure it the order is correct.

Living Dead Beat
Hellhounds on My Trail
Silent Night, Bodom Night
Hate Me!
Follow The Reaper
Lake Bodom
Bodom After Midnight
Are You Dead Yet?
Blooddrunk
Angels Don't Kill
In Your Face
Children of Decadence
Kissing The Shadows (They played this just for MTL apparently)
Bodom Beach Terror
Downfall

Encore:
Everytime I die
Hate Crew Deathroll

Goddamn that's a sexy setlist. I should be seeing on my way to go see them right now but I had no fucking ride.
I hope it's cold, everyday, where you are.
Quote by Crutchy
Goddamn that's a sexy setlist. I should be seeing on my way to go see them right now but I had no fucking ride.

Its okay.
Sorry for double posting but I have to say this. I saw them last night and it was epic. It was my first concert. I jumped in a few pits and they were almost perfect. People were climbing up the pillars that hold the building up and diving off them. I was front row
Last edited by ESPLTDV401DX at Oct 4, 2009,
So a friend of mine went to the concert in Edmonton last night. Then as she was heading to her car, she got called over by Jaska, and ended up hanging out with them till one in the morning. I'm so jealous.
Quote by DashBlaster
So a friend of mine went to the concert in Edmonton last night. Then as she was heading to her car, she got called over by Jaska, and ended up hanging out with them till one in the morning. I'm so jealous.

'hanging' ? right?...

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by destöroyah
alexi is overrated as a soloist and under-rated among rif***e circles.

I agree to an extent. Alexi got me into sweeping, but he's influenced me more rhythmically and tonally than anything. Alexi's the reason I turn my mids up more. I can't stand scooping my mids any more because it feels so flat and lifeless.
Quote by Dethkreep

I've been a fan for about 3 or 4 years now and got started with AYDY and went back. I love all of their albums for various reasons (although it's easy to pick out some aspects of the newer material that could have been changed... Imagine Blooddrunk with the Follow The Reaper tone). The music still speaks to me in a way that other music can't. And I still get adrenaline rushes from their red albums especially. Something about both Something Wild and HCDR (their attempt at returning to their roots) is just awesome.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Oct 4, 2009,
Children of Bodom were sort of my gateway band into heavier stuff so they'll always hold that special place. Although at first I abhorred Alexi's vocals, eventually they grew on me which consequently led to me liking other, better done harsh vocals.

Favorite song is Bed of Razors, unfortunately they didn't play it when I saw them , but they only had about a 45 minute set because they were supporting LoG. Needless to say I was disappointed but they still put on a great show, I think it was right before Alexi fell out of his bed or whatever and hurt himself too.
Quote by teh_guitard00d
Which album is the easiest/hardest to play?

I'd say Blooddrunk has the most "technical" riffing, although the solos are probably equally distributed difficulty wise throughout the discography. Something Wild is probably the easiest.
Laiho's the reason I started playing guitar and Bodom are the best band I've ever heard.
Blooddrunk let me down at first but now it's grown on me, so I love all their albums.

Apparently they're going to be releasing a new album in 2011.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
Quote by teh_guitard00d
Which album is the easiest/hardest to play?

Hardest probably in terms of riffs is FTR or HB. Easiest is AYDY. AYDY has alot of open c chugging riffs. In terms of solos, I guess all of them are hard to play.
Quote by Cianyx
Ooh, it's back up

Anyhoo, I reckon they just got progressively worse. Their old band had some pretty good stuff going on there

The vocals were almost unbearable though. The new vocals are a great improvement.
Quote by Butt Rayge
The vocals were almost unbearable though. The new vocals are a great improvement.

I personaly love the vocals from the demos and first three COB albums. But to each his own
yay new thread!

Follow the Reaper and Hate Crew Deathroll are one of my faves

some songs in Are You Dead yet is guite good
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Perhaps

Dunno if I'm going to buy Skeletons in the Closet or not. I've already heard a lot of the covers hahah.
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re
Perhaps

Dunno if I'm going to buy Skeletons in the Closet or not. I've already heard a lot of the covers hahah.

i got it, with all the members signatures on it XD lol.
its all the same stuff,. but i really like lookin out my back door lol, so sick.

and yea i heard they are gunna start writting after this tour and start recording in may of 2010.
hope we get some good stuff.
Quote by misfitsramones
i got it, with all the members signatures on it XD lol.
its all the same stuff,. but i really like lookin out my back door lol, so sick.

and yea i heard they are gunna start writting after this tour and start recording in may of 2010.
hope we get some good stuff.

Nice man.

Yeah I can't wait for a new album.
I personally think that Hatebreeder and Follow The Reaper are the best albums. As a matter of fact I think that their all good, but I'm A massive COB fan.
So, what CoB songs have people learned/been learning recently? I've been learning the lead parts to Bed of Razors, which aren't too hard.
Up The Boro!
Quote by Oddsbodkins
So, what CoB songs have people learned/been learning recently? I've been learning the lead parts to Bed of Razors, which aren't too hard.

I don't think I've ever learned a full song by them. I always get caught up at a certain part and then abandon it.
I was playing some songs off hatebreeder last night really stoned. haven't played em in ages, it's quite fun, though not as hard as I remember it being.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
I saw them last night and Alexi was flawless, he never missed a dive bomb or 1 note in a solo, and he started doing some of the lead parts in the choruses, like in Hellhounds On My Trail, in chorus Roope usually does the lead part but Alexi did it while he was singing, and got to meet them, ****ing amazing

I did not get Janne's sig though =(
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Quote by vulcan422
I saw them last night and Alexi was flawless, he never missed a dive bomb or 1 note in a solo, and he started doing some of the lead parts in the choruses, like in Hellhounds On My Trail, in chorus Roope usually does the lead part but Alexi did it while he was singing, and got to meet them, ****ing amazing

I did not get Janne's sig though =(

So how were the Jonas Brothers? Was Miley drunk again?
Quote by DashBlaster
So how were the Jonas Brothers? Was Miley drunk again?

lol, that was a good one
Skeletonwitch and The Black Dahlia Murder open'd up for them, Skeletonwitch was pretty good but BDM sucked ass
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Quote by vulcan422
lol, that was a good one
Skeletonwitch and The Black Dahlia Murder open'd up for them, Skeletonwitch was pretty good but BDM sucked ass

Lol. Given the reputations on those bands, that's about how I'd expect it to be.

And FTR is my fav. Bodom album. Congrats to you!
you arent the only one I love COB they are amazing, although the keyboardist is the most boring one to watch lol
Quote by HATECREWofBODOM
you arent the only one I love COB they are amazing, although the keyboardist is the most boring one to watch lol

fack no

Janne is awesome!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re
I've never seen them live

I want to.

Do it. They kicked ass. Are they touring in a city near you?