Page 3 of 10
Are you dead yet? and Hate Crew are masterpieces as bodom goes. Blood drunk is cool but theyve done better.
and sixpounder is my favorite song.
Alexi is an amazing guitarist but his solos are either hit or miss and they usually miss
Quote by Metal-Nigga
Are you dead yet? and Hate Crew are masterpieces as bodom goes. Blood drunk is cool but theyve done better.
and sixpounder is my favorite song.
Alexi is an amazing guitarist but his solos are either hit or miss and they usually miss

IMO Something Wild Follow The Reaper and Hatebreeder were way better then AYDY.
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Quote by ESPLTDV401DX
IMO Something Wild Follow The Reaper and Hatebreeder were way better then AYDY.

Seconded
Up The Boro!
AYDY was not even close to their best album. Follow the Reaper is EASILY my favorite album. Don't get me wrong, AYDY is an AWESOME album, but they've just had some better ones.

Blooddrunk wasn't very good, IMO. I just can't get into any of the songs on that album. Except Blooddrunk. :p That song is pretty sweet.
fack no

Janne is awesome!

I was joking very awesome indeed lol i just saw them in concert, and he plays his solos with one hand and great ease
so very beautiful is alexi
Quote by Dissension Band
.... He is nowhere near sloppy.

At all.

Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
I like children of bodom, cuz their classical influence makes for some very nice riffs, you have to give credit to Alexi for his mastery with an axe
First post on UG lol...

COB has been one of my favorite bands for a long time up there with sonata arctica, nightwish, and wintersun. I have all their albums and i think every one of them is amazing. I think AYDY and Blooddrunk were different but just as good as the old albums in their own way...for all you people that disagree with me just chug a few rockstars and do 120 down of mountain road while blasting Living Dead Beat and see if you still disagree.

Alexi is a ****ing amazing guitarist but lately he has gotten sloppy...it just seems like he doesn't care as much anymore...kinda sad i hope he gets better again. He's my main inspiration for getting back into guitar.
Nice!

Yeah Alexi is definitely a good guitarist...I just think he needs to pick it up when he's playing in public lol, as everybody is going to bash him.
Alexi Laiho is filling in for the Hypocrisy guitarist when I see em live next month, I love Hypocrisy, and I like Alexi, so I can't wait
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Nice.
COB is one of those bands that I wish hadn't gotten popular. Maybe AYDY and BD wouldn't have happened and after HCDR was released Alexi would have realized that the new direction they were heading in was so horrible that the only fans they would have left would be 11 years old and wearing an assorted collection of black and pink clothing.

There. It's been said.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Quote by GuitarManiac110
I love them.Finally my counrty gets some respect!

Believe me, Finland is VERY respected in metal. Even before COB.
I think the fact that some Finnish guy's mom told him about Insomnium shows that Finland should be respected for metal.

I used to love this band, every album except Hate Crew and Are You Dead, I thought Blooddrunk was pretty good when it came out. Now I can only really listen to their first two albums, I find the rest mediocre.

And I have a friend who finds it pretty much impossible to say a sentence without something about Alexi
The lives of thousands in my hands
I’ve come to take back what’s rightfully mine and now you’re damned
The lights grow dark in their homes
But our road is lit by fire from the sky
So we push forward

Last.fm
I just rewatched videos of the concert I went to. I knew alexi swore alot but in the 3 minutes he says fuck 10 times. I never realized how much he swore for some reason.
Last edited by ESPLTDV401DX at Oct 29, 2009,
Alexei's vocabulary includes:
all swear words
Death
Reaper
Die
Dying
Hate (crew)
Lake
Bodom
other words relating to death and murder
Anything alcohol related
and, the, is etc

and that's just about it
Last edited by Deplorable at Oct 29, 2009,
you forgot every type of booze as well

Sumdeus
Quote by vulcan422
I saw them last night and Alexi was flawless, he never missed a dive bomb or 1 note in a solo, and he started doing some of the lead parts in the choruses, like in Hellhounds On My Trail, in chorus Roope usually does the lead part but Alexi did it while he was singing, and got to meet them, ****ing amazing

I did not get Janne's sig though =(

My girlfriend has a signed copy of that very album
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
lol, i was listining to King, this is so funny
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse

Thats great.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
I just finished listening to hatebreeder and follow the reaper for the first time in a month or so. The magic is gone . I could barely even listen to downfall. All the neoclassical melodies that I used to love just sound like pointless fretboard and keyboard wankery. Alexi's screams sound like crap to me now. Not to mention the god awful lyrics. Jaska, Henka, and Alexander just seem like sideline guys who once in a while get a little bit of time to show what they can do. Alot of songs sound the same now. Only ones I can even stand now are kissing the shadows follow the reaper and downfall.
Yeah . It's kinda depressing to me because I have 3 things signed by Alexi Jaska and Janne and 4 things by Henka and Roope, I have talked to them twice, have all their albums and seen them live once all in 8 months. They were my favorite band but now I can barely stand them.
So first off Hatebreeder pwns more shit than the us army, secondly i have to agree laiho is overrated, that being said he's still a ****ing awesome guitarist. Solos like hatebreeder, downfall and needled 24/7 are brilliant while some of the harmonies he writes like silent night bodom night are just the ****ing highlights of metal. Thirdly, why hasn't anyone mentioned the keys? I always thought that the keys were a crucial part of bodom and were really used well unlike most bands where they just play chords. Sorry kinda ranted for a while there, anyway, what do you guys think of the vocals, personally i think their kinda weak
Quote by ESPLTDV401DX
I just finished listening to hatebreeder and follow the reaper for the first time in a month or so. The magic is gone . I could barely even listen to downfall. All the neoclassical melodies that I used to love just sound like pointless fretboard and keyboard wankery. Alexi's screams sound like crap to me now. Not to mention the god awful lyrics. Jaska, Henka, and Alexander just seem like sideline guys who once in a while get a little bit of time to show what they can do. Alot of songs sound the same now. Only ones I can even stand now are kissing the shadows follow the reaper and downfall.

this is pretty much how i feel, except I can still listen to them. I can somewhat enjoy it, just more on a "shits and giggles" level rather than a good music level. even then, besides their first two it is sort of bothersome to even listen to it.

Quote by K'mPiDuWi
I always thought that the keys were a crucial part of bodom and were really used well unlike most bands where they just play chords

Setting a good atmosphere can be more interesting and creative than simply keyboard wankery.

Sumdeus
Last edited by romencer17 at Nov 13, 2009,
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re
Personally I love all of their albums, and it seems I'm the only person on this forum that does

No..you're not I also like Children of Bodom a lot.Only the fact that Blooddrunk was slightly worse than their earlier albums is in existence..Alexi has got better with his singing,though I liked his singing more on Something Wild and Hatebreeder albums

The change of guitarist got me a bit nervous ..I was afraid that Roope would take the solo guitarist's place,because he has far more experience than Laiho does,but he didn't and that's good.He probably wants to make younger dudes some space

I mostly listen to all their albums,but some days I just can't get the feel of Blooddrunk's every single song..That's why I don't think it is that good as their earlier stuff.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re
lmfao Alexi is such a goofball.

If that's even him...

It is, and although I can do the highs a lot better than him, I still respect him for having the balls to put a joke cover on an album to be released worldwide to millions of overly serious and critical fans
Quote by Sakke
No..you're not I also like Children of Bodom a lot.Only the fact that Blooddrunk was slightly worse than their earlier albums is in existence..Alexi has got better with his singing,though I liked his singing more on Something Wild and Hatebreeder albums

The change of guitarist got me a bit nervous ..I was afraid that Roope would take the solo guitarist's place,because he has far more experience than Laiho does,but he didn't and that's good.He probably wants to make younger dudes some space

I mostly listen to all their albums,but some days I just can't get the feel of Blooddrunk's every single song..That's why I don't think it is that good as their earlier stuff.

I too love just about everything they've done for various reasons I love the music and the energy (especially in HCDR).
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Dec 18, 2009,