Page 4 of 10
i had one song from them : Chokehold (Cocked 'n' Loaded) years ago on my mp3, but them accidentally deleted it.
Today i found the song again, still sounds awesome.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
* at TunaFish

OH DAMN YOU!!!

Quote by SteveHouse
TunaFish ==

This made me lol:
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
It's morphing time bitches.
This new thread is considerably less amazing-tastic as the old one...
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I love just about everything I hear from them. It's hard for me to get anything from them, no place around here sells their music
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Shinozoku
This new thread is considerably less amazing-tastic as the old one...

Yup.
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
I love just about everything I hear from them. It's hard for me to get anything from them, no place around here sells their music

Have you tried ordering from Amazon or somewhere else online?
I never shop online, I don't trust my internet to not falter while I'm making the transaction. I have dialup still
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I didn't know they were working on stuff. I won't get my hopes up, but I've come to expect SOME sort of quality over the years from them, so I don't think it'll be utter shit.
According to Jaska they'll be entering the studio next Summer and we can expect more COBTV!
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
I hope they got good stuff made. Releasing cover album was so useless, just way to make money. I'm really waiting for some really good stuff. Long songs with nice soloes. Nice melodies and stuff. Blooddrunk was their second worst album (Follow the reaper is worst) and they should really release something mind blowing now.
Or it'll just be something shit because Laiho has run out of ideas and run into the bottle instead.
Quote by webbtje
Or it'll just be something shit because Laiho has run out of ideas and run into the bottle instead.

pretty much this.

they haven't had a good album since follow the reaper... 10 years ago ffs
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by illuminatiano
pretty much this.

I've actually enjoyed all their albums, though Blooddrunk is definitely their worst.
hate crew deathroll is a snoozefest and are you dead yet had some good ideas but fell really short and sucked aswell.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by illuminatiano
pretty much this.

lol yeah, I remember back in the day when I was still a noob to metal, CoB were one of my favourites. They seriously haven't made anything good since Follow the Reaper. I listened to a bit of the new one and it was laughably bad, I couldn't even bear to hear more than a minute of it.
I wouldn't disregard Hate Crew as a bad album at all. It had some really high points, the highest imo being the solo to Chokehold. I just love the happy feeling of it lol. It was kind of leading into the AYDY? and Blooddrunk sound, but it was still pretty solid.
Quote by xbitmetal
I hope they got good stuff made. Releasing cover album was so useless, just way to make money. I'm really waiting for some really good stuff. Long songs with nice soloes. Nice melodies and stuff. Blooddrunk was their second worst album (Follow the reaper is worst) and they should really release something mind blowing now.

What? No.
Quote by InvaderTSN
What? No.

Exactly what I thought. Reaper is definitely classic Bodom.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
To say any of the first three albums are worse than the shit they put out now is straight retarded.

Sumdeus
I think Blooddrunk was better than HCDR and AYDY, but it still only had about 3 good songs on it.

Hatebreeder and Something Wild, definitely their best.
The lives of thousands in my hands
I’ve come to take back what’s rightfully mine and now you’re damned
The lights grow dark in their homes
But our road is lit by fire from the sky
So we push forward

Last.fm
Children of Bodoms earlier stuff is truly amazing. Alexi has some really nice licks and his vocals are decent. and the dude on the keyboard is a crazy mother ****er. Needled 24/7 is my favorite song by them. The only album that i dont like is blooddrunk. Holy shit that album is terrible. the only "decent" song on that album is Hellhounds on my Trail. everything else from that disc IMO sucks.
Quote by cbex57
Children of Bodoms earlier stuff is truly amazing. Alexi has some really nice licks and his vocals are decent. and the dude on the keyboard is a crazy mother ****er. Needled 24/7 is my favorite song by them. The only album that i dont like is blooddrunk. Holy shit that album is terrible. the only "decent" song on that album is Hellhounds on my Trail. everything else from that disc IMO sucks.

I used to hate all of Blooddrunk too, but it grew on me like malignant melanoma. It's still their worst album though, Hatebreeder for the win!
Ok i assume most of you guys like this band
I heard them like 2-3 days ago
so m trying to understand w/etf are they trying

can you guys please tell me what do you find appealing in the band ?
Quote by cbex57

Really? Hellhounds on my trail is the only song on that album i DON'T like.
Quote by kian89
can you guys please tell me what do you find appealing in the band ?

Alexi Laiho is a super badass "punk rocker" that likes to be a rockstar and get super wasted and play lots of solos.

mmm appeal.

Sumdeus
riffs and solo are kinda good
but vocals are extremely poor
genre says Melodic Death Metal , though i dont see anything melodic

i have that "Hate Crew ..." album
if there are any other good song/album with clean vocals + extreme vocals please recommend me

though ,watching some vids,i dont thing that Vocalist have the ability to sing .
Last edited by kian89 at Apr 16, 2010,
I don't think they've ever done clean vocals in an original. They don't really fit the melodeath genre, but they sound pretty melodic to me...
Up The Boro!
If you can't hear Melody, then you must literally be deaf. Out of the more 'symphonic' Melodeath bands (Kalmah, Norther etc) i'd say these guys are the most melodic.

No wonder you don't like his vocals, you want to sound like Matt Tuck. Alexi's aren't exactly the best, but jesus man, BFMV?
BFMV
got everything
Impressive Vocals first of all , no match at all,both clean and extreme

Individual Sound in guitars

*Worthy* Lyrics and i mean it . they are worthy , means something, no B.S. like "i'll kill you" "i'll die" + some 17th century vocabulary from manuscripts of written literature.

Impressive Duel Work (i like CoB's too)

Mindblowing solos with relevant Arpeggs

Awesome Acoustic work

and especially their 1st ever album was a break through success .
i just like the band alot

but here we are talking about CoB
this is great

Sumdeus
Hardly, you came in and basically said 'CoB are trash, how can you possibly like them'

Worthy lyrics?

With blood shot eyes, I watch you sleeping
The warmth I feel beside me is slowly fading
Would she hear me, if I called her name?
Would she hold me, if she knew my shame?

Really speaks to my inner 14 year old...
Quote by andyscoot
If you can't hear Melody, then you must literally be deaf. Out of the more 'symphonic' Melodeath bands (Kalmah, Norther etc) i'd say these guys are the most melodic.

No wonder you don't like his vocals, you want to sound like Matt Tuck. Alexi's aren't exactly the best, but jesus man, BFMV?

+
i saw your bands include 'Dream Theater' ,which Cob's vocalist insulted calling the music as a "SPORT" , i read it somewhere
must be cause John Petrucci is well built

who you gonna go with ?
so no one is allowed to like CoB and DT because of that?

your logic is straight retarded.

Sumdeus