i was considering about forming an online metal group that can do video game covers
so far, im the only one in this group here, so heres whats going to be in the group

Guitarist 1 (Melody/Lead/Rhythm) - ibanez_6784
Guitarist 2 (Melody/Lead) - (spot open)
Guitarist 3 (Rhythm) - (spot open)
Bassist (5 string bass if possible, if not, standard 4 will do just fine) - (spot open)
Drummer - (spot open) (can use either a real drumset or an electronic set, doesnt matter)
Synths/Keyboards - (spot open)

the feel is going to be a sort of a progressive-metalcore-ish type of sound
as for a name, one hasn't been presented yet

as for recording guitars: either a direct input or mic-ing the cabs/amp will work

if interested, just give me a PM
GEAR
Peavey 5150 (block lettered)
Mesa Boogie Traditional 4x12
Ibanez RG7620 w/ EMG 707s
Ibanez RG7321
Line 6 POD X3 Live
I can manage synths if needed. I have a wide range. I can also program orchestral elements if necessary (this includes choirs and such). If the time comes and you want drums programmed, I can also do those as I have EZ Drummer with various expansion packs. Dependent on the difficulty of the song I may be able to do a melody/lead guitar too. I record with Line 6 POD FARM.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Quote by Ulalume
I can manage synths if needed. I have a wide range. I can also program orchestral elements if necessary (this includes choirs and such). If the time comes and you want drums programmed, I can also do those as I have EZ Drummer with various expansion packs. Dependent on the difficulty of the song I may be able to do a melody/lead guitar too. I record with Line 6 POD FARM.

doing multiple spots works just fine if thats up to you
GEAR
Ibanez RG7321
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Rhytm guitarist interested here, are this band only doing covers which tabs already exists. I use ABG's wonderful guitar amp sims, not judge me out of the samples on my profile. im really a beginner at mixing and such. The ensiferum cover is mixed by a friend on MSN.

What do you require of me?

Only 1 year + almost 4 month experience, but i can play fast rhytms. really good at galloping. Give me an example of an VG song the band is going to cover.
Last edited by GisleAune at Sep 28, 2009,
Quote by GisleAune
Rhytm guitarist interested here, are this band only doing covers which tabs already exists.

I use ABG's wonderful guitar amp sims, not judge me out of the samples on my profile. im really a beginner at mixing and such. The ensiferum cover is mixed by a friend on MSN.

What do you require of me?

Only 1 year + almost 4 month experience, but i can play fast rhytms. really good at galloping.

Give me an example of an VG song the band is going to cover.

well, a bit here and there. do some remakes of some VG themes that have either been or have not been tabbed out, if some themes have not been tabbed out yet, ill try to get them tabbed on GP5 whenever i can

i never heard of ABGs amp sim software, is it that good? and its ok if youre a beginner when it comes to mixing

well, i need to hear your rhythm playing. whats the fastest you can go, like how many notes (eighths, sixteenths, ect.) can you go at a certain BPM?

well, a bit off the subject here, this group is not going to be a single series VG cover group (perfect example being, The Black Mages who only do Final Fantasy themes). but other than that, an example off of the top of my head would be Boomer Kuwanger's theme off of Megaman X
GEAR
Ibanez RG7321
Line 6 POD X3 Live
ABG's are free, but pawns really expensive ones. Guitar Rig and Amplitube are not as good as ABG's plugins.

Galloping can go really fast, around 170bpm (see the mp3 on my profile).
Im getting better at 0000000000 like riffs too now.

Can you send me a link or something to a megaman x tab?

There are always MIDIs lying around for VG music. import and metalize in GP.

I didn't ike the lead sound on the song on your profile, you can do better, right? (another good reason that you should enter www.acmebargig.com)
Last edited by GisleAune at Sep 28, 2009,
Quote by GisleAune
ABG's are free, but pawns really expensive ones. Guitar Rig and Amplitube are not as good as ABG's plugins.

Galloping can go really fast, around 170bpm (see the mp3 on my profile).
Im getting better at 0000000000 like riffs too now.

Can you send me a link or something to a megaman x tab?

There are always MIDIs lying around for VG music. import and metalize in GP.

I didn't ike the lead sound on the song on your profile, you can do better, right? (another good reason that you should enter www.acmebargig.com)

well i havent tried out any of those plugins yet, hope they do sound good

there are like about 2 or 3 tabs here on UG, and the one site i go to mainly to get the MIDIs to import into GP5 is http://www.vgmusic.com/

and i know, i need a much better lead sound other than the one that i have as of now (trying to further experiment with it)

EDIT: heres a link to a theme off of MMX http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/misc_computer_games/megaman_x_-_storm_eagle_guitar_pro.htm
GEAR
Ibanez RG7321
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Last edited by ibanez_6784 at Sep 28, 2009,
I wish i could give you DIG 2.5, because it rocs, its a beta that is scrapped and I need permission from Ken, When (if) i join the band, i could ask him. the lead on one of my songs is DIG 2.5 (not the ensiferum cover).

Razor Head is also awesome for lead sound.

Once you try ABG, you'll wonder why the hell you didn't try it before. Now Guitar Rig 3 sucks balls in my opinion.
I'll join on either (5 string fretless) bass or guitar (can overlap to both if needed)

I have a pretty good recording setup, but, I will only join if I'm not going to play a big part in the arranging process (sure I can come up with my own parts, but only minimal transcribing/other arranging), since I simply don't have time for that

EDIT: listen to Syncopation Havoc or Ripples in the Sky if you want to know how I currently sound
Last edited by xFilth at Sep 29, 2009,
I am definitely fine for synths. I may as well program the drums as well, unless you get any takers for real drums.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Did you use a cab or cab emulation on that lead track?

an amp without a cab sounds sharp and horrible. LePau has a nice cab emulator named LeCab and www.recabi.net have great IRs for use with LeCab or other convolvers.
I can play some keys or rhythm guitar if you still need anything.

This would be a lot of fun!