Hey UG,

Need some help once more

So i need opinions on 2 guitars.

First guitar is JACKSON DK2S BK
http://www.thomann.de/gr/jackson_dk2s_bk_wcase.htm

I need to know about the Jackson neck profile, the tremolo, pickups and how they sound with the alder body.

Second guitar is ESP LTD MH401QM STB
http://www.thomann.de/gr/esp_ltd_mh401qm_nt_stb.htm

Here I want opinions about the Floyd special mainly. I suppose they have the same necks as the deluxe series, too.

Tnx for any replies in advance
Quote by bulldozerbob
I think someone stole my Yu-Hi-Oh cards from my class draw when I was little.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm homophobic. I can't stand gays.
Well i like both but the fact is that i know nothing about the trem on the jackson and the neck. I have experience with ESPs except for the floyd special. So plz any more detailed answers?
Quote by bulldozerbob

Quote by Led Pepplin
Thanks for the input but seriously what's wrong with it?
Quote by bulldozerbob

Quote by Led Pepplin
These are very similar guitars, yet jackson has alder wood, while the ESP has mahogany
You should decide with once feels you better
Both are excellent guitars. You can't go wrong with either one. The tremolos should be fairly comparable on each. The main difference is the Jackson has single coils and the difference in neck profile. The Jackson has a flatter neck whereas the ESP has a rounder neck.
Ibanez S7320
Peavey 5150 + Mesa 2x12 Rectifier
Jackson anyday.They make some of the finest LFRs around.IM not sure which p/up the jackson has but Im sure they will be fine.Jackson started out as only a custom shop but grew so much that they decided to market modeled guitars.
My gear
Schecter 7 string hellraiser
1984 Charvel (model unknown)
Mesa boogie Dual Recto Solo head
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
Jackson FTW, Way better feel to them than ESP, ESP good but dont play as great, + Jackson sexy looking
No versus threads.

It all comes down to personal preference. I'd recommend trying both guitars and make a choice based on what you like.

Frankly, I like Jacksons better FWIW
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
The Jackson has a HSH pickup layout with Seymour Duncans, The ESP has an HH layout with EMG's, I would take the Jackson over the ESP in a heartbeat, EMG's tend to be very un-versatile and to me have a very dry, lifeless tone. Whereas those Duncans kick some serious ass.

I also prefer the neck on the Jackson in my sig over any ESP/LTD's Ive ever tried.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

That exact Jackson is at a local store near me and it plays really good.
Peavey 3120
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cabinet
Jackson RR5
Jackson DKMG
LTD EC-1000
TC Electronic Polytune
BOSS RV-5
BOSS DD-7
MXR 10-band EQ
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby
BOSS NS-2
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
No versus threads.

It all comes down to personal preference. I'd recommend trying both guitars and make a choice based on what you like.

Frankly, I like Jacksons better FWIW

I know...That's the first title that came to me though

Anyway it seems like most people here would choose the Jackson. Truth is i've never played a guitar with alder body...I've heard it gives a bright tone. What about the Floyd rose special?? Is any good? Thanks for the help so far guys
Quote by bulldozerbob

Quote by Led Pepplin
Alder is not bright. It seems bright in comparison to Mahogany guitars because Mahogany is very warm, but I find Alder to be very neutral, tone-wise.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Honestly, it's really all going to come down to the neck. They both have a lot of really good qualities to them, and really, the only thing that would make me side with one or the other would be the feel of the neck
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
The MH is a very nice guitar, but the EMGs are a one trick pony when compared to the Seymour Duncans found in the Jackson. As for the body woods, Alder is a bright wood, but it isn't overwhelming.
For the money, the Jackson Pro series is of a higher quality than the LTD in terms of build quality and materials, and the Jackson has a wide, flat neck. The neck shape is very easy to play on, and the heel on the upper registry isn't ideal, but it isn't cumbersome either.

To be honest, I was a bit underwhelmed with the LTD when I played it. I love the ESP Horizon, but the LTD MH was lackluster at best. My experiences with the DK2 have always been much, much better. I really love the high end Japanese Jacksons.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL