Okay, i think im a pretty cool tapper. but after 30 seconds my hands in pain and i cant do it..Whats going? did this happen to any of you? And if it did, what did you do to work it up?...cause im listening to parkway drive and these guys do it for like a minute and half non stop..lucky kids.
the muscles in ur hand need to get used to it....its like running long distance
It's just practice. You've got to strengthen your hand like you do with other parts of your body, which you do by using them.
thanks alot guys :]]]]

Is there any songs i could do in half step down or drop c for working on tapping?
Quote by xKnifekillerx

Is there any songs i could do in half step down or drop c for working on tapping?

Children of Bodom- Hell Hounds On My Trail
Any Dragonforce song.
Iron Maiden - Moon Child
I reckon it's a left hand problem? (fretting hand)

If so, look up legato exercises and work on them slowly, as they will help you with ur tapping.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Use both your pointer and middle finger, just switch off when one gets tired.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Try alternate picking at that speed for 30 seconds. It has nothing to do with tapping. Shredding is sprinting. It's hard to keep up that kind of speed for very long.

If you're in pain even when playing slow, how big are the stretches in the lick?
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Try alternate picking at that speed for 30 seconds. It has nothing to do with tapping. Shredding is sprinting. It's hard to keep up that kind of speed for very long.

If you're in pain even when playing slow, how big are the stretches in the lick?

This I have to disagree with.

If you're doing it right, it is hardly that tireing.

If anything, it's tiring to be focused for that long, and follow every note.

That's what's tiring when shredding "Correct".

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
This I have to disagree with.

If you're doing it right, it is hardly that tireing.

If anything, it's tiring to be focused for that long, and follow every note.

That's what's tiring when shredding "Correct".

I've always found speed equally tiring for the muscles involved independent of what technique is being used.
technique is huge! i'm surprise nobody mentioned it. if you're next isn't completely comfortable to you and you're stretching your left hand improperly, you can develop symptoms that lead to eventual carpal tunnel issues in your left wrist, no matter how old you are.
Quote by xKnifekillerx

Dead Skin Mask by Slayer (Half step down)
Dead Burry their Dead by Arch Enemy (Drop C)