Hey guys so im looking for a new guitar.. and kinda decided on an MIA Fat Strat.. but i really like the look of the ESP LTD EC-1000's... but i seem to think these are generally used for mostly metal and heavy, high gain stuff... i play rock, punk.. occasionally a bit of metal.. but also dont mind some nice cleans aswell thats why i decided on the strat.. but could i also get decent cleans from the ESP aswell? Also is the EC-1000 with the seymour duncans a little less heavey then the ones with the EMG's?

Cheers
Quote by srq89
yeah easily, I took on one of my uncles who's suppose to be the strongest in the family and has the hottest wife. Tamed him like my bitch and then wacked off afterward thinking about his wife.

All in all, a very productive day.
With the duncan pickups it would be a lot better, EMGs would be a little too heavy for your average rock song. I think you could get away with the duncan pickups
Quote by shan0_
Hey guys so im looking for a new guitar.. and kinda decided on an MIA Fat Strat.. but i really like the look of the ESP LTD EC-1000's... but i seem to think these are generally used for mostly metal and heavy, high gain stuff... i play rock, punk.. occasionally a bit of metal.. but also dont mind some nice cleans aswell thats why i decided on the strat.. but could i also get decent cleans from the ESP aswell? Also is the EC-1000 with the seymour duncans a little less heavey then the ones with the EMG's?

Cheers

Just remember the golden rule. The guitar doesn't define the genre.

You can get plenty nice rock and punk tones out of that guitar. The Duncans will be voiced a bit differently compared to the EMGs but for what you're looking for, you might like the Duncans.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
whats my username got to do with anything? hahaha Shan0_? i dont see the link lmao
Quote by srq89
yeah easily, I took on one of my uncles who's suppose to be the strongest in the family and has the hottest wife. Tamed him like my bitch and then wacked off afterward thinking about his wife.

Quote by shan0_
whats my username got to do with anything? hahaha Shan0_? i dont see the link lmao

I think he's talking about mine.

My username is a Children of Bodom song/album.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
ohhh ahahah fair enough :P
Quote by srq89

Quote by shan0_

Woops, I think I read someone else's HAT3BR33D3R

My bad, but still Id go for the EC