Hey Guys

I'm looking for a new distortion pedal, which can give me a little boost in my solos, something to give a bit more emphasis. I play some blues, so something that can give a nice bluesy tone, but also can be pushed to give a nice overdrive sound as well.

I've tried out the Boss DN-2 Dyna Drive and that was nice, also tried the Seymour Duncan SFX-11 Twin Tube Blue and the SFX-03 Twin Tube Classic. Preferred the Tube Classic more because it could be pushed more.
However this is £209, which is about the top of my budget.

So I was just wondering what other pedals would suit me?
I don't want anything too much distortion, more a bluesy pedal that can be pushed to give a nice overdrive sound.

Thanks in advance for the help.

EDIT:
I'm using a PRS SE Singlecut through a Vox AD50VT.
Last edited by stiff-upper-lip at Sep 27, 2009,
Are you using your amp clean or are you pushing the drive channel? What guitar are you using? What amp?

I like the Xotic BB preamp, it kind of has an old Marshally vibe to it. The Fairfield Circuitry Barbershop Overdrive is pretty sweet too. (It even has kind of a simulated 'sag')

The Lovepedal Eternity is a great alternative if you want to preserve the sound of your amp and still have a killer boost up front.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
If you just want a clean boost definately look at either the Rothwell Atomic Booster or the Rothwell F1 Booster. http://www.rothwellaudioproducts.co.uk/html/guitar.html
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
My favorite would be the MXR GT-OD. It's custom shop, and, in my opinion, is better than the TubeScreamer. It also adds more "crunch".
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Holy Fire AKA the God Pedal?

I'll vouch for that one actually. Very tube-like and responsive to boot. What else could you want?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Maybe one of those Blackstar pedals with tubes in them? Like a DistX or something?

Pedals with tubes in them are a bit of a gimmick to me imho. I'd rather spend less on transistor based pedals.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I've been watching demo videos and I'm very impressed with Holy Fire and MXR GT-OD.
Might get the Boss DN-2 Dyna Drive and then save up for a more expensive better pedal as it does have good reviews and I did like it.
Quote by stiff-upper-lip
I've been watching demo videos and I'm very impressed with Holy Fire and MXR GT-OD.
Might get the Boss DN-2 Dyna Drive and then save up for a more expensive better pedal as it does have good reviews and I did like it.

imo, the Boss DN 2 is knid of gimmicky, cause it does is lower the gain when you play gently and boost it when you play hard wich makes a difference in the volume wich can be annoying.

Maybe the MI Audio Blues pro would best imo
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Pedals with tubes in them are a bit of a gimmick to me imho. I'd rather spend less on transistor based pedals.

They cost the same as the other pedals which have been mentioned......the Distx is one really nice pedal.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
They cost the same as the other pedals which have been mentioned......the Distx is one really nice pedal.

Maybe but TS is looking for a bleusy overdrive, and the distx is not what I would call bleusy lol.
Quote by GS LEAD 5

Yeah, for heavier tones. He wants a blues tone though. I find that the few tube loaded ODs I've used where a little harsh and while that might be good for some people, it's not one of the things I would look for in an awesome blues tone.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster