Hello there, I was wondering if you knowledgeable people could provide me with some advice regarding my Tele.

Recently I was asked to join my friends metal band however whilst at band practice the tonal qualities of the standard Fender pickups just can't deliver the sounds I need. Overall the stock ones are too glassy and thin, I know it's a telecaster and I should expect such things however with plenty of gain it just doesn't cut it IMO.I've already installed a Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder in the neck slot and it provides a really good clean sound like plenty of balls. The distorted tones that it produces is fairly good, chunky & brilliant for rhythm playing.

What I'm after is a bridge pickup that can produce a huge, full sound with qualities that are more bias towards bass & middle frequencies that also reduces some of the high end that I'm not too keen on.

I've been looking at a few different Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio models but nothing really seems fit the criteria.

Bottom line: I want a high gain bridge pickup with plenty of balls.

What would you recommend?
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
SD Hot rails if youre looking for a single coil with I think u are cause u only said u have a tele and standard teles come with single coils.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Dimarzio make a tonezone t. I love the the full size humbucker, but have never tried the t size one.

The tonezone is a great sounding pickup and sounds great with distorion, but it also has good clean tones.
Quote by flyingmarlin
Hello there, I was wondering if you knowledgeable people could provide me with some advice regarding my Tele.

Recently I was asked to join my friends metal band however whilst at band practice the tonal qualities of the standard Fender pickups just can't deliver the sounds I need. Overall the stock ones are too glassy and thin, I know it's a telecaster and I should expect such things however with plenty of gain it just doesn't cut it IMO.I've already installed a Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder in the neck slot and it provides a really good clean sound like plenty of balls. The distorted tones that it produces is fairly good, chunky & brilliant for rhythm playing.

What I'm after is a bridge pickup that can produce a huge, full sound with qualities that are more bias towards bass & middle frequencies that also reduces some of the high end that I'm not too keen on.

I've been looking at a few different Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio models but nothing really seems fit the criteria.

Bottom line: I want a high gain bridge pickup with plenty of balls.

What would you recommend?

Irongear, made in UK, very reasonably priced and EXTREMELY good. Probably do a double stacked to fit the Tele bridge position.

EDIT: Yep! Steel Twin, 16K bridge stack. Here
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Quote by Kozlic
SD Hot rails if youre looking for a single coil with I think u are cause u only said u have a tele and standard teles come with single coils.

Whoops, Yeah I'm looking for pickups to fit in a standard telecaster. I could make the cavity bigger to house a humbucker however knowing my luck I'd mess it up and I'm a little tight for cash so I can't let it cost too much money.

Quote by supergerbil
Dimarzio make a tonezone t. I love the the full size humbucker, but have never tried the t size one.

The tonezone is a great sounding pickup and sounds great with distorion, but it also has good clean tones.

I'll have a listen on their site, cheers

Quote by Skeet UK
Irongear, made in UK, very reasonably priced and EXTREMELY good. Probably do a double stacked to fit the Tele bridge position.

EDIT: Yep! Steel Twin, 16K bridge stack. Here

That certainly is a bargain! Plenty of output but, It's range still seems to be a bit too bright. It's definitely a consideration though! I'm going to look into a few more of these pickups. Thanks for the link man
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!