So I decided to try to start learning songs by ear. I mostly lissen to Deathmetal/Deathcore kind of music and those songs are hard to transcribe for a complete beginner such as myself. So Im looking for easy songs that have a easy and clear bassline, so I have something to start off with. Any suggestions?
Ummm try listening to some Pop songs, I know shock horror but it has some basic and nice smooth bass lines.
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Death metal and deathcore have nothing in common...

Play something GOOD like Death, they have some clear basslines I think. Usually it is very audible.

I would stay away from deathcore.
I live near Lake Bodom WORSHIP MEEEEEEE

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.
Pokerface by Lady Gaga
Quote by aaciseric
But wouldn't all that be worth it to ride a zebra around campus? Perhaps dressed in chainmail? Maybe with a plastic sword and a wench who may or may not just be a prostitute?

Thanks for the tips, I'll definetly look into some of the songs
Quote by Neim
So I decided to try to start learning songs by ear. I mostly lissen to Deathmetal/Deathcore kind of music and those songs are hard to transcribe for a complete beginner such as myself. So Im looking for easy songs that have a easy and clear bassline, so I have something to start off with. Any suggestions?
The Anticosmic Overload by Obscura has some parts that aren't too hard (the first verse riff primarily) and the bass is EXTREMELY audible in the mix.
Last edited by Steve08 at Sep 28, 2009,
Quote by Vredesbyrd23

Lolled at that xD

But in the thread. Try something simple like Amon Amarth, they have some clear lines. The hero is good example but it goes in drop A... So...
Metal is like a apple, no-one likes the core.
Quote by Steve08
The Anticosmic Overload by Obscurahas some parts that aren't too hard (the first verse riff primarily) and the bass is EXTREMELY audible in the mix.

I'll look into that, thanks

Quote by Gessu
Lolled at that xD

But in the thread. Try something simple like Amon Amarth, they have some clear lines. The hero is good example but it goes in drop A... So...

Turning isn't a problem, I wield a Fiver ^^
Quote by Casketcreep
Dude, any music you hear.
Listen to adverts on TV and random radio stations.

Also, make sure you know your major and minor scales through and through, it'll help you out alot.

also pentatonic will help, and maybe modes (just maybe...)
Im currently learning about scales and the theori behinde them, but it will probably be a while before I know them all.
miles davis - "solar"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DNosnBXsps

working on it in my jazz ensemble. transcribing jazz lines is going to improve your reading and playing immensely. you're going to thank me some day. just take it a bar at a time. it'll help develop your ear, your ideas of playing and your ability to read/write music. and considering jazz is mostly all quarter notes you don't have to worry about crazy dotted notes and ties.
#DTWD