I am currently upgading my equipment, just got a Bogner Alchemist head which sounds amazing =] . So my question is what order should i put my pedals in and if anyone can suggest any better pedals.

The sound I am looking for is a heavy rock/metal (lead) sound. Something like UnderOath.

The setup is a Gibson les paul or my custom epi les paul through a bogner alchemist head and orange ppc212. The pedals i have are a DS-1, OD-2, Dunlop Crybaby, MT-2 and am looking at a TS9, blackstat HT boost, Xotic BBplus preamp pedal and a fender vol pedal.

What order would be best and what could i use with what? or anyone suggest anything else?

Cheers.
It doesn't matter dude, all of those pedals are distortion/overdrive. Just remember that the wah goes after the distortion though.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
It doesn't matter dude, all of those pedals are distortion/overdrive. Just remember that the wah goes after the distortion though.

Yeah I know, was wondering peoples opinion on the pedals and am not sure what delay, chorus ect to get???

Also should all the pedals go through te effects loop in the amp and just have the guitar straight to the amp.
Quote by Mattinho
Yeah I know, was wondering peoples opinion on the pedals and am not sure what delay, chorus ect to get???

Also should all the pedals go through te effects loop in the amp and just have the guitar straight to the amp.

Distortion pedals and boost pedals usually go up front. Time based effects like delay are usually the ones used in the loop.

You have a lot of distortion pedals, why do you need more? You should get rid of some of those pedals and get some modulation effects.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Distortion pedals and boost pedals usually go up front. Time based effects like delay are usually the ones used in the loop.

You have a lot of distortion pedals, why do you need more? You should get rid of some of those pedals and get some modulation effects.

Yeah I wasn't going to use all of them =] , they are just the ones i'm looking at, trying to get the right sound. What effects do you suggest?
Quote by Mattinho
Yeah I wasn't going to use all of them =] , they are just the ones i'm looking at, trying to get the right sound. What effects do you suggest?

Well it depends, are you going to base your sound on pedals, or enhance the tone of your amp?

Generally, you would want a good OD/Distortion or 2, a boost pedal and some modulation effects such as phasers and flagers... That way you can cover a lot of bases, especially if you're gigging and you do a wide variety of covers.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Well it depends, are you going to base your sound on pedals, or enhance the tone of your amp?

Generally, you would want a good OD/Distortion or 2, a boost pedal and some modulation effects such as phasers and flagers... That way you can cover a lot of bases, especially if you're gigging and you do a wide variety of covers.

Was looking to enhance the amp, thats why i want a good OD and Distortion, not sure about the Blackstar boost though not heard much about them. will look into the modulation effects =]
Quote by Mattinho
Was looking to enhance the amp, thats why i want a good OD and Distortion, not sure about the Blackstar boost though not heard much about them. will look into the modulation effects =]

Well generally, I think maybe you would need a booster pedal to boost your drive channel (or a distortion on your clean channel), as well as delay, chorus and all that other fun stuff.

The BB preamp is a good booster pedal. It sounds good on its own and while boosting your amp.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

The BB preamp is a good booster pedal. It sounds good on its own and while boosting your amp.

Yeah i've only just found out about these. judging by the price its better than the blackstar?

can you suggest any good delay and chorus to look at?

Also where would i put the volume pedal?
Quote by Mattinho
Yeah i've only just found out about these. judging by the price its better than the blackstar?

can you suggest any good delay and chorus to look at?

Also where would i put the volume pedal?

It really depends on what you'd like. Digital delays are a little more controlable and offer longer delay times but analog delays sound a little more natural.

I like the Retrosonic Chorus pedal, it's based on the Boss CE-1 (a fabled chorus) as for delays, it's really up to personal preference. Check the MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
It really depends on what you'd like. Digital delays are a little more controlable and offer longer delay times but analog delays sound a little more natural.

I like the Retrosonic Chorus pedal, it's based on the Boss CE-1 (a fabled chorus) as for delays, it's really up to personal preference. Check the MXR Carbon Copy

Cheers will look into them =]
Quote by Mattinho
Cheers will look into them =]

No problem. Happy pedal hunting, I hope you find what you're looking for.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster