Hey, i'v been looking for a new stack for awhile now to play live gigs with (med-small)
I'v narrowed down my searches to a specific head and cab, but i still have a few small questions about them

Peavey Tour 450 Head
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Tour-450-Bass-Head-?sku=480314

Ashdown MAG 410T
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-MAG-410T-4X10-Deep-Bass-Cabinet-with-Tweeter?sku=605032

So far, it seems like it would be a good combination. But the head and cab are both the same wattage (450W) Is there a chance i might blow out my cab with this head?
And, does this seem like it would be a good combination together?

Please write down some of your opinions on this set and why or why not it its good or bad

Thanks in advance,
Noreee
what he means is that it says the ohms seems to vary between both.

for the peavey head it says 450W into 4 ohms (4-ohm minimum load)

for the ashdown cab it says 8 ohms
My Rig
------------------
Schecter Damien 6 (mod with 81/85 emg)
Ibanez Xiphos
Peavey Vypyr Tube 120 <3
Digitech RP250 (for Sale)
450W into 4ohms.

8Ohm cab.

Therefore, itll produce about 1/2 that, probably about 250W, so there's no worry about damaging the speakers. If you get another 8Ohm cab to go with it, the head will put 225W into each, so no worries there either.

As for how it'll sound, well thats up to you. Itll certainly do medium-small gigs, especially if you can blag another 8ohm speaker for the bigger gigs. 4x10s move a lot of air, so "only" 225W should be fine.
Attendez la creme!
"Harry dear, its an inaminate object"

"YOU'RE AN INANIMATE OBJECT!"
ah. so is there any cab he should look up to use it to its true wattage?
My Rig
------------------
Schecter Damien 6 (mod with 81/85 emg)
Ibanez Xiphos
Peavey Vypyr Tube 120 <3
Digitech RP250 (for Sale)
Any 4Ohm cab.

But, two 8Ohm cabs can be more versatile. He could have his 4x10, then get a 2x10, so that for small stuff, where transport is paramount, he uses just the 2x10, then for medium gigs, just the 4x10, then, when the going gets tough, he can whip out the entire 6x10 stack. "Whip" not being the operative word.
Attendez la creme!
"Harry dear, its an inaminate object"

"YOU'RE AN INANIMATE OBJECT!"