Im starting work soon and i started looking at some half stacks as my peavey vypyr is just not getting the sounds i want. Anyway i was so looking forward to getting a bugera but there are a number of things that are worrying me, firstly i dont turn my amp above 2 atm so what is the point of me buying a 120 watt all tube amp. Secondly ive heard bad things concerning bugera yet their sound is amazing. But whats the point of me playing guitar if im not satisfier with the sound? I thought about buying a really good distortion pedal for my vypyr then i saw and heard that distortion pedals suck on a modelling amp which my amp is. So i either buy a £400-500 amp only to never turn it above 2 or stick with my amp and continue to be disatisfied with the sound

Help plz :S
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
If you can't put your volume above 2, a half-stack isn't really the best option.

What kind of sound are you looking for?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by t0m_r0cks
Im starting work soon and i started looking at some half stacks as my peavey vypyr is just not getting the sounds i want. Anyway i was so looking forward to getting a bugera but there are a number of things that are worrying me, firstly i dont turn my amp above 2 atm so what is the point of me buying a 120 watt all tube amp. Secondly ive heard bad things concerning bugera yet their sound is amazing. But whats the point of me playing guitar if im not satisfier with the sound? I thought about buying a really good distortion pedal for my vypyr then i saw and heard that distortion pedals suck on a modelling amp which my amp is. So i either buy a £400-500 amp only to never turn it above 2 or stick with my amp and continue to be disatisfied with the sound

Help plz :S

if you dont play relatively large gigs, the bugera is wayy too loud for just practicing. what kind of sound are u looking for?
If you get the Bugera, get an attenuator.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Agreed. The Bugera is insanely loud. Most of the reliability issues have been resolved I believe on the newer ones FYI. I would suggest trying a Vypyr tube 60 or a used Valveking 112 that has the speaker replaced. Or a used Line 6 Flextone maybe.
Im looking for a good metalcore amp, like a 6505. i play alot of all that remains, killswitch engage, parkway drive and some death metal like daath
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
^He stated that already.

Maybe wait for the new 6505+ 112 combo. $580US I think coming out in October. Made in China, so no one is sure yet what the reliability factor will be. The Valvekings are made in China and they are fairly reliable if that helps. They Vypyrs are made in China too I believe.

Part of the issue I think you may be having with your Vypyr is that crappy little 8" speaker. They Vypyr 60 sound loads better imo.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 27, 2009,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^He stated that already.

Maybe wait for the new 6505+ 112 combo. $580US I think coming out in October. Made in China, so no one is sure yet what the reliability factor will be. The Valvekings are made in China and they are fairly reliable if that helps. They Vypyrs are made in China too I believe.

Part of the issue I think you may be having with your Vypyr is that crappy little 8" speaker. They Vypyr 60 sound loads better imo.

he stated the price of the bugera head, not his price range
Price range would probs be 600-700 at the most
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^He stated that already.

That 6505 combo looks really good, but £500? jesus its 500 for the half stack
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
A boosted Blackstar HT-5 is your friend, I guess.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Do you gig?

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
huh?

A brand new 6505+ half stack is more like $1,500 US. Maybe $800 used.

Peaveys website says the combo is 499
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
Right. You just said it's $500 for the halfstack.

Quote by t0m_r0cks
That 6505 combo looks really good, but £500? jesus its 500 for the half stack

I was just trying to clarify.

I'm interested in the 6505+ 112 combo myself but they are not our yet and we are not sure of the build quality.
I have a 6262 and its the 09 model.almost all the problem are solved most are just user error now.It also has a switch in the back to cut down the wattage by half.Its sick I love that thing It just has gain for days no better yet gain for years to come because I do not plan to sell this thing unless Im selling it to get the head(I have the combo)and make a half stack.
My gear
Schecter 7 string hellraiser
1984 Charvel (model unknown)
Mesa boogie Dual Recto Solo head
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
Lol im a bit confused, did you say the 6505 112 combo that comes out in october is $580? Becauase i think we may not be on the same page, because on peaveys website it says £500 so your saying its $580 (£300)?
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25