hello pit,
ive just woke up at 5pm with an amazing hangover, amazingly injured from mosh pits last night, so what injuries have the pit contracted in real life pits?

today i have a broken finger several bruises a pulled muscle in my shoulder, back and neck problems, and ive got such a bad fat lip that ive got a bruise inside my lip. ive got a cut lip in a different place aswell, last night i got into the most brutal mosh pit ive ever seen. there was blood everywhere. people lost teeth, broke noses, 2 broken arms, lots of fingers and wrists, and 1 person snapped there ankle. the gig got shut down halfway through because we had to call 4 ambulances after the wall of death.

anyone got anything intresting happened or done by them in the pit?
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
i dont understand mosh pits
i thought concerts were for enjoying the music
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
what gig was it?
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Fender 300CE T-Bucket
Dean DOF ML [For Sale]
Marshall AVT 2000 valvestate
Ibanez modified turbo tube screamer
Digitech RP250
I usually get extreme headaches while reading total nonsense in The Pit.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
i got dropkicked in the chest by a guy that was like 6 foot 5 at a lamb of god concert. i couldn't breathe for like 30 seconds.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
I was moshing in a smallish (but relatively nice) local club, to some of the acts at a local Battle of the Bands competition which happens every two years. The bouncers wouldn't let it get too out of hand but it was pretty powerful if you're 1.6 metres tall, when the majority of the crowd is much bigger and taller.

I was moshing around when suddenly I nailed my back of someone/something. I don't know how it happened. I just remember thinking that I'd seriously injured myself. So I staggered away wobbly legged with a throbbing back (I was pissed because I thought I might have to go home ). I went and got a drink thinking it would help. A girl from my school (who was at the bar rather than at the stage) asked me what I was doing. I replied that I was getting a drink because I'd destroyed my back. "Cool, drinks solve anything" she said. It didn't really but I sat out for a bit and it cleared after a while. I then found my friends and (cautiously) joined back in

The concerts (there's 2 heats and a final, over 3 weeks) were pretty great though
Above post may or may not be true.
Last year I went down to New York to catch Hallowmas. I got kicked in the head and neck twice, a bunch of people fell during first song (myself included; someone dragged me down) and my legs got slightly crushed, someone nearly ripped my earrings out (which had been pierced less than a month before). Someone else jumped from the balcony over the pit and a few kids had to go to the hospital.

I much, much prefer the pits where kids are just venting, not trying to kill each other. Actually getting hurt really isn't the point of pits...
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
great job TS, have a wallet,

"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
i saw meshuggah live and it got so crazy haha. Got my glasses shattered, tons of bruises, and i think i might have sprained my wrist a little lol. i didn't mosh too much because it was waayyy too crazy lol, a whole bunch of 20 and 30 somethings who are big, tough, fat or jacked just absolutely killing eachother lol
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by bananahammock
there was blood everywhere. people lost teeth, broke noses, 2 broken arms, lots of fingers and wrists, and 1 person snapped there ankle. the gig got shut down halfway through because we had to call 4 ambulances after the wall of death.
... and they say there's no hope for the future of mankind.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Sounds like you guys were being immature dicks at the show.. Usually very few people get hurt in mosh pits.. It's a known rule, if someone falls down you pick them up.
I havent been in a mosh pit, but i was kind of on the barrier of it if you get what i mean. I didn't really get hurt but this guy was kind of launched out of the mosh pit and into this really big guy in front of me. He fell right into me and i fell into someone else........like dominoes.
But I don't really see the point of mosh pits anymore. Mostly it's just full of idiots out to ruin everyone day
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Although I do enjoy metal shows and enjoy mosh pits...

What TS just described sounds like absolutely no fun. Even though pits are mostly violent people should be taking care of eachother, not trying to kill eachother.

Every pit I've been in, if someone gets knocked down they're immediately picked back up, no fists are thrown, and drop kicks are landed. Just good ol' fashion thrashing to some metal.
Quote by zachbino57
CSguitarvocal is correct as usual, pepsi tastes much better out of a can.

Quote by TWISTEDFender
And CSguitarvocal for teh win.
TS, what possible reason would make you want to stay in a pit like that? That doesn't sound fun at all.
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
I never been injured in a mosh pit...usually if someone falls other people help them up.

One show I went to some stupid douche bag stomped on some other guys leg and broke his ankle..the bone was sticking out! it was so gross lol
"\(X_x)/"
RAWR! I CAN HAZ BRAINZ!?
edit: No.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
Last edited by JacobLampman at Sep 27, 2009,
Quote by JacobLampman
Well, last tuesday we were playing dodgeball before the actual PE class started, and I was doing ok. Then a big wrestler guy beamed two balls, one right after the other at me.

Being the badass I am, I decided to dodge both balls without moving my feet. So I leaned to the right. Way right. Until I bent my ankle at a near 90 degree angle. For some reason, my foot didn't move. I fell down and threw the ball and got the guy out, but before I could even try to get up, our PE teacher was like "I can't believe you seriously just did that. Somebody go get an icepack."

Eventually I went to the doctor and found out I have one hell of a ankle sprain, and they couldn't tell if I had broken anything because my foot was to swelled up.

Did you even read the topic?
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
Quote by maidenfan15
Did you even read the topic?

Ya, after I wrote that.

I can never get a post right.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
TS that sounds like the worst pit ever lol I've been to a ton of shows and I've never seen anything like that with so many people gettin f'ed up bad hahaha

I only ever got forreal hurt in a pit twice...The first was on my 18th birthday at a show my friends band was playing at...there was 15 bands and the 3rd one in some asshole just came up and punched me in the face for no reason then tried to kick me in the head...My nose was broken and there was the most blood I have ever seen in my life. Like it really looked like someone dumped a gallon of red paint on me. but I cleaned myself up and stayed for the rest of the show

the second time was right before my 19th birthday and I had a bad feeling about the pit but went in anyway and within 2 min of being in there I got hit by something and knocked out colddddddd. Like I dont remember anything but standing there and a split second later I was 20 feet away and I didnt know where I was. I didn't feel gettin hit or anything it was weird. I stayed for the rest of the show but when I got home I saw my nose was mad crooked and my lip was sliced bad and swollen up so bad you couldnt see me teeth and the inside was just black and green.

So I went to the hospital ad I had a mild concussion and a badly broken nose....a week later I had to get legit surgery so they could fix it...they had to put me to sleep and everything.
Originally Posted by NAME GOES HERE
Dude, with a name like Cannibal Corpse, what were you expecting? Ponies and rainbows?

well funnily enough this was just a ****ty local band night, but between alot of agressive angsty teens and a few 30 year olds 6 foot fat twats with beards, we were vicious. that was the fun of it, it was more like fight club than band night lol it was amazing fun, we just got all our agression out, standing there in a ring. panting waiting for teh drop of some awesome metal, and then literally beating the living **** out of each other. we dont play by the rules, and we definetly dont pick people up, there were piles of poeple on the floor, especially in the wall of death, we just trampled over them and added to there numbers lol
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Quote by bananahammock
well funnily enough this was just a ****ty local band night, but between alot of agressive angsty teens and a few 30 year olds 6 foot fat twats with beards, we were vicious. that was the fun of it, it was more like fight club than band night lol it was amazing fun, we just got all our agression out, standing there in a ring. panting waiting for teh drop of some awesome metal, and then literally beating the living **** out of each other. we dont play by the rules, and we definetly dont pick people up, there were piles of poeple on the floor, especially in the wall of death, we just trampled over them and added to there numbers lol
Yes, because this is fun:
Quote by bananahammock
today i have a broken finger several bruises a pulled muscle in my shoulder, back and neck problems, and ive got such a bad fat lip that ive got a bruise inside my lip. ive got a cut lip in a different place aswell,
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Yes, because this is fun:

no but busting some guys nose open was, so was being the only one to make it through to the other side of the wall of death, and so was just generally destroying people, at one point i played bowling.. i waiting till the pit got to its biggest then took a running jump.