i have a crate gt1200h
is there a wat to get more gain on the rythm channel,
i thought about just using the lead for rythm, but that sounds hectic.
would a compressor pedal help make it sound better, and have a smoother distortion?
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
Last edited by xjosheex :[ at Sep 27, 2009,
You get better gain when you spell rhythm properly. ;-)

And a compressor give you more control. Only experimentation will prove whether it gets better or not.
do you thinks its worth buying a cheap one like
surf and turf?
Quote by deadringer13

Quote by Pr0gNut

I don't have any experience with stand-alone compressor pedals. All the compression I've played with has been in multi-effects pedals.

I recommed getting a top-of-the line multi-effects for anyone who doesn't already know what they like in pedals. It's the cheapest way to experiment before making major investments in your pedal board--if you ever even need more than what the multi effects already does for you.

Or maybe the better step up from a good multi-effects pedal is a multi-effects rack.

If you're not ready to take that plunge, you can always get the cheap pedal and sell it on E-bay if you don't like it. I'd recommend saving for the multi-effects though.

I bought my GNX4 brand new on E-bay for about half what all the conventional online stores were selling them for, and less than many used ones on E-bay.
A stand alone compressor is gonna do a better job than a multifx. But shop around there are different kinds. A comp may not get you more gain. It may level your signal out so you can turn the vol up on the comp to give a boost to the front end.
When you say "gain" do you really mean "distortion"? People tend to use the terms synonymously but they are not really the same thing. Before making a recommendation I just want to be sure I understand what you are asking.

Also, what amp are you using?
Not taking any online orders.
i mean, overall punchiness and loudness, i guess more distortion too.
Quote by deadringer13

Quote by Pr0gNut