My Schecter has Duncan designed active pickups on it. Woulds EMGs be worth the upgrade to?

I also have a Crappy Line 6 15 watt that GC scammed me into. What amp should i get for this guitar? It will be a practice amp so no more than like 60 watts. I also want to get a pedal designed for metal playing. What pedal should I get?
Hmmm.. look into randall amplifiers.. or if you like all the effects like everyone says on hear a peavey vypyr... & you made a mistake of listening to GC.lol..

And you could upgrade to emgs.. they would sound better in a tube amp. not that they don't sound good in a solid state cause they do.. what kinda schecter you got?
Just get a multi-effects pedal.

If you want to experiment with tubes look at the Voxs. If you want the best value for the most features look to Digitech. The GNX4 is still the ultimate. PODs do some cool stuff too, but generally lack the foot controls to be practical for playing live (or practice).

Just pump one of those through a clean setting on your POS amp and you'll be OK. You can always replace the speaker with a Celestion.

Amp-based effects are not as useful as pedal-based effects. It comes close if you get an advanced pedal controller for it like you can with some Peaveys and higher end Line-6s
Quote by jetwash69
Just get a multi-effects pedal.

If you want to experiment with tubes look at the Voxs. If you want the best value for the most features look to Digitech. The GNX4 is still the ultimate. PODs do some cool stuff too, but generally lack the foot controls to be practical for playing live (or practice).

Just pump one of those through a clean setting on your POS amp and you'll be OK. You can always replace the speaker with a Celestion.

Amp-based effects are not as useful as pedal-based effects. It comes close if you get an advanced pedal controller for it like you can with some Peaveys and higher end Line-6s

Spiders already have custom celestations
Quote by MetalGuitarest
Spiders already have custom celestations

I mean like a good Celestion. Or a Jensen, or anything better than the stock speaker.

Or am I misinformed and the Spiders' speakers actually their strong point?
ok, I guess I wont do the Emgs till I get a better amp.

Question is, which amp?
Quote by (0_o)
ok, I guess I wont do the Emgs till I get a better amp.

Question is, which amp?

Depends on what you want to play.

"Metal" is far too broad a term to be assigned to what you want, for us to reccomend an amp.

List some bands, and subgenres, and stuff.
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
If you don't wanna go the multi-effects route (which with the right unit & the right aftermarket software can emulate any amp on the planet), then go ahead and get a Mesa Boogie Mark V with a matching Boogie 4x12 cab. That's my amp advice for you. Or get a Bogner Uberschall.

I'm happy with multi-effects through cheap solid state amps and I can still buy another 5 or 6 more guitars with the savings.

But to each his own...
Ok. I like to play just about all kinds of metal, but I will give you specific details about how I want my amp.....

HIGH gain
deep bottom end
top end isnt tiny and is full but not too bassy
Still rips at higher volumes
no more than 125 dollars

I also play in standard tuning so i dont need to worry about how it sounds on say low B.
Last edited by (0_o) at Sep 27, 2009,
I also need it to do Good cleans and doesnt get too noisy
Might wanna spend more that $125 on an amp, lol.
Seriously, don't replace anything until you have at least $300-400 for an amp
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by (0_o)
Ok. I like to play just about all kinds of metal, but I will give you specific details about how I want my amp.....

...no more than 125 dollars...

I think you're missing a zero at the end just to get started. Add the zero and then multiply that number by 3 and you'll be in the ballpark for what you want in an amp.

Or leave out the zero, multiply by 3 and you can get it out of a multi-effects unit.
For $300 - $400 you can get low-to-mid level hybrid solid state/tube amps or bottom of the line all-tube amps. The sounds you're describing come from high end tube amps.
The stock pickups on the C1FR's aren't bad at all. Comparable to the Blackouts. I personally would leave them in if it was my guitar. I always thought they sounded pretty freakin' good. But, it's all a personal choice.
"When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point."
Ok, then 300-400 price range.

Remember, Its used primarily for practicing.
Traynor is ALWAYS worth looking at.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410