Hi, me and my two friends have made some songs together. Sure we're not very serious and haven't thought about playing live or selling records or anything...

But I would still like to know if anyone can rip us off?
What proofe do you need to have to claim a song to be yours?

All we have is the songs recorded as a file in our computers.

I don't really think anyone would "steal" our noob band stuff but it's still good to know how this stuff is working. :P
mail a copy of the song to yourself, and don't open it. that way, if anyone does steal the songs, you have evidence against them.

Gear:
Reverend PA1
Fender Lone Star Strat
Fender Frontman 212R
Squier Jagmaster
Ibanez AE Series Acoustic
Ibanez EWN28 Classical
Vox Satchurator
Dunlop Cry Baby
MXR Carbon Copy
Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde
I have a question about mailing stuff to yourself. What needs to be included? A full note by note notation + lyrics? Or just chords and lyrics? An actual recording in combination with other things? I'd think a tab would prove inconclusive in court because the timing + rhythm of what you're playing could be argued as being not concrete.
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

Quote by 3holepunch
I have a question about mailing stuff to yourself. What needs to be included? A full note by note notation + lyrics? Or just chords and lyrics? An actual recording in combination with other things? I'd think a tab would prove inconclusive in court because the timing + rhythm of what you're playing could be argued as being not concrete.

im not positive, but i would guess that a recording would probably be the best thing. chords, noatation and lyrics would probably help to. once again, this is just my guess, i'm not entirely sure.

Gear:
Reverend PA1
Fender Lone Star Strat
Fender Frontman 212R
Squier Jagmaster
Ibanez AE Series Acoustic
Ibanez EWN28 Classical
Vox Satchurator
Dunlop Cry Baby
MXR Carbon Copy
Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde