hey dudes on my search for a metal amp. i think ive narrowed it down t the jcm 800 and the jvm 205h . i like the jcm 800 but it is much more money then the jvm please give me your thoughts.

and what cab to buy thanks dudes
What kind of metal are you playing - name some bands. Just saying metal is far too broad.

Also, what is your budget?

Are you willing to buy used?

Why do you want a head/cab over a combo? You can often get the same amp cheaper, or a better amp for the same price as a head/cab if you buy a combo.

If you do decide to go head/cab are you looking for a 2x12 or a 4x12 cab?
Quote by i_am_metalhead
What kind of metal are you playing - name some bands. Just saying metal is far too broad.

Also, what is your budget?

Are you willing to buy used?

Why do you want a head/cab over a combo? You can often get the same amp cheaper, or a better amp for the same price as a head/cab if you buy a combo.

If you do decide to go head/cab are you looking for a 2x12 or a 4x12 cab?

i play mostly thrash death and that new american stuff.
budget is around £1000 for head and maybe £600 for cab
im willing to buy second hand but i would prefer a head and cab to combo
i do like the 1960angled cabs alot
thanks
A used JCM 800 should be alot less than a JVM... the reissue JCM 800 isn't worth the money.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
A used JCM 800 should be alot less than a JVM... the reissue JCM 800 isn't worth the money.

+1

You can find a used JCM800 from the 80's ridiculously cheap if you look around enough. I think it would suite you pretty well.

Also, I've heard mixed reviews about 1960 cabs - never tried one myself though. You should try one out before you buy it.

Maybe look into a used Mesa Recto cab. Krank and Randall are also two other companies that make well constructed, nice sounding cabs for metal - might wanna look into something from them as well.
Krank REv+?
ENGL Fireball ?
Randall T2/V2?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Krank REv+?
ENGL Fireball ?
Randall T2/V2?

i looked into other manafacutures such as engl and randall and peavey but some friends told me that marshall is the king of amps
Quote by 1jack369
what about the 2203kk?

Well its a modern production Marshall (I personally wouldn't buy anything that Marshall is making these days) and its not much different from a regular JCM800. I still say if you're looking into Marshall you should grab a used JCM800.
Quote by 1jack369
i looked into other manafacutures such as engl and randall and peavey but some friends told me that marshall is the king of amps

^ the KK is very interesting tho. it IS a modern production so you could expect meh quality but its one of the best sounding "modern marshall" around.
it can do everything that the 800 can and it can also be much more br00tal
feel free to add me
Quote by 1jack369
if i dont get a kk will i need a noise gate?

if you want too
feel free to add me
but a reason why i saaid the 205h is because its 50 watt i dont want an amp thats too loud

kk is ment to be very loud
and jcm aswell =[
See my sig.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Better you go with amps which are REALLY high-gain like ENGLs instead of getting a Marshall.
If your friends say that's stupid, tell them from the UG-community that it's NOT.

Marshall's not "the king of amps" anymore.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz