Hello all. So I'm trying to connect my guitar to my computer.. I've got an onboard card for now but just to see how everything works.

So I got an amp with an emulated line out. But I got just one cable so I tried plugging the guitar into the computer but I cant hear it. So I have to cable from the amp line out to the computer instead? I read the guide stickied but I didnt get it.. Thanks.
That's what I do. You're talking about Guitar->Amp->Computer, right?
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Theres alot of different ways to connect it to the comp. but yeah that should work. Make sure its plugged into the right port in your sound card...i'm assuming you have a standard card with 3 1/8 inch (headphone jack size) inputs.
Quote by dmahat
Theres alot of different ways to connect it to the comp. but yeah that should work. Make sure its plugged into the right port in your sound card...i'm assuming you have a standard card with 3 1/8 inch (headphone jack size) inputs.

Yeah, it has many audio inputs actually, including some HD ones. I'm not sure which one should I connect it to tho. It's a Gigabyte P35 DS3L motherboard.
Last edited by Mannysz at Sep 27, 2009,