Page 1 of 3
What should I do. I don't believe in Christianity/Catholocity (I'm not a full on Atheist though, I don't know what to believe.) and I don't want to spend 2 hours every Sunday plus Chuch for something I don't believe in. But if I tell my parents they might bed pissed or react negatively (read: Pull some religious bull****) And they'd probably make me go anyway. Last time I told them my Mom pulled some "Well that's what your family believes so you'll believe it too." bullocks. Plus the conversation would be very akward.
Also my cousins an full on Atheist so it's not unknown in the family... but then they'd probably balme him/get mad at him/ prevent me from talking to him. And he's my favorite cousin (But he's not the one who made me an Agnostic. I had my doubts even as a little kid...

tl:dr Read it.... or fine... I'm an Agnostic whos going to be forced to spend three hours every Sunday doing things I don't believe in.
A Celebration For The Death Of Man...

Quote by Madison Perella

Thats not even sensible I base myself like this I like power I don't understand emotion. Knowledge is key and fire pokemon own.

Burn the church down, it works for norwegians.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Rape their Churches and Burn their women..
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Just sell your dog.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Go once, say the religious leader tried to touch you up (rock back and forth whilst saying this) you'll be outa there.
"Oh, if i could kidnap that feeling, the one that melts all fears from your mind."
Quote by Babbs

i thought you meant there was some ancient indian spirit named desi who would come and haunt me during my trip.
Quote by irishstang_87
Your sig seems to disagree with the statement that you're not an atheist...

^Agreed

It's a joke... you know console, the debugging tool left in PC games that basically make you god.

Quote by Madison Perella

Thats not even sensible I base myself like this I like power I don't understand emotion. Knowledge is key and fire pokemon own.

just say you don't want to. i thought there was a think about respecting others beleifs - or lack of
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by neidnarb11890
Go to CCD, make confirmation, get money, stop going to Church.

0_0 Genious! Extorting Religion for money... don't think that's ever been done before.

Quote by Madison Perella

Haha Catholocity...

Catholicism, my friend. And where the hell do you have to go to CCD for 3 hours? We only go for like... 30 mins. lol

EDIT: Going to church itself isn't CCD...
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Last edited by KGB_INC at Sep 27, 2009,
have you tried it? just try it out a couple of times and decide then. it's not like they're gonna brain wash you or anything. My parents made me go to church too, wasn't that bad.
Quote by KGB_INC
Haha Catholocity...

Catholocism, my friend. And where the hell do you have to go to CCD for 3 hours? We only go for like... 30 mins. lol

2 hours every Sunday PLUS Church every Sunday

Quote by moody git
just say you don't want to. i thought there was a think about respecting others beleifs - or lack of

My Mom missed that memo... my Dad probably wouldn't mind very much though.

Quote by Madison Perella

Last edited by gridlockSG400 at Sep 27, 2009,
Quote by Kensai

haha
GEAR:

Jackson dk2m

Marshall jcm2000 dsl

Schecter omen6 diamond series

Quote by neidnarb11890
Go to CCD, make confirmation, get money, stop going to Church.

+1

Going to CCD and getting confirmed doesn't mean YOU believe in something. All that it means is you're being recognized as an adult in the Catholic Church.

As soon as I got confirmed I denounced my Catholicism.
DO NOT let them make you.

Dont go
Quote by Fucking loads of people who were appeasing me in order for me to write
blues_to_thrash, you are the master of epic lulz

My Music

2K11
Quote by Kensai

This.
Quote by Eminored
If you don't know what to believe, what's wrong with getting educated on a religion?

3 hours in a church is not "education on religion".

Education on religion is studying a religion from a neutral point of view while also studying the historic and social context of the events that unfolded within that religion.
Quote by gridlockSG400
2 hours every Sunday PLUS Church every Sunday

You're sounding redundant.

Heres a tip to get you started. You don't have to have to argue about what your family should believe in or proof of god's existance with your family. You don't have to disrespect them either.

But what you can tell them is that after many months or years of questioning your purpose in life you came to whatever conclusion you want to tell them and you hope they respect that. And as a human being who may have not have any religious affiliation, you will still retain the morals that you were brought up with as a child that were given to you by your parents and/or Sesame Street.

`
Kill them...

...all of them, and rid your section of the world of these Jesus-lovers
He who knows all, knows nothing in the eye of a imbecile.
Well, I'm a very devoted Christian, and am non-denominational. I personally disagree very strongly with Catholicism. I have many friends who are Catholics, and not a single one of them shows any signs of spiritual maturity (that being my number one disagreement; it seems quite useless and ineffective.) You yourself have the perfect 'religious' family. Which, doesn't mean you have a perfect family, but they are hard pressed on keeping you in the loop as well. And, look how that's working out...

Aside from me rambling, I don't have any religious support from my family. So, I'm the opposite but the same if you get what I mean. And even though I disagree with what you are doing, I agree that you shouldn't spend 3 hours somewhere where you don't believe in what they are doing... it's kinda hypocritical.

Make your choice, and be mature about it. Change your signature would be my first advice, and then actually think about how you honestly think and could possible prove how life started, and make up your mind.
Quote by metaldud536
You're sounding redundant.

Heres a tip to get you started. You don't have to have to argue about what your family should believe in or proof of god's existance with your family. You don't have to disrespect them either.

But what you can tell them is that after many months or years of questioning your purpose in life you came to whatever conclusion you want to tell them and you hope they respect that. And as a human being who may have not have any religious affiliation, you will still retain the morals that you were brought up with as a child that were given to you by your parents and/or Sesame Street.

`

That's what I was going to say. I wasn't going to bash them or just say I don't believe in god. Ive been thinking hard about it all of my life and I just don't see a way the God that they teach about there could work and that it is my life decision and I'm fine with whatever they believe but I don't believe in it.

My Grandmother will murder me though. Next time I see her I will be dead.

Quote by Madison Perella

Quote by AreaMan
+1

Going to CCD and getting confirmed doesn't mean YOU believe in something. All that it means is you're being recognized as an adult in the Catholic Church.

As soon as I got confirmed I denounced my Catholicism.

Same here.
Quote by Kensai

not really...

he's sad, coming back from church, you just can't fight it

but seriously, i used to be the same, then i started to became an annoying prick everytime we went to church and my parents always came back home really upset, after a few weeks, they got sick of it...

now i never go to church
What're your options really? Your parents are firmly in the wrong but, unfortunately, they can make your life very very difficult

The best thing you can do is go and make the best of it. But don't allow yourself to be taken in. Get both sides of the story. Read on your own or, if you want, come to the religion thread and hash things out. We'll give you both sides.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by ASJerrell
Make your choice, and be mature about it. Change your signature would be my first advice, and then actually think about how you honestly think and could possible prove how life started, and make up your mind.

WE DON'T KNOW FOR SURE, SO IT HAS TO BE GOD.

I don't want to derail this into a religion debate, but I hope you can see how that's logically fallacious on so many levels?
Quote by gridlockSG400

My Grandmother will murder me though. Next time I see her I will be dead.

Ah yes, but murder is a sin.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Stop being a puss. I told my parents I don't believe and my mom, brother, and sister threw a huge fit over it. It wasn't that bad, and my mom is like a religious nut. My dad didn't complain because he doesn't either.

If you don't believe, just tell them. If they start bible bashing locate your nearest music source and crank it up.
Last edited by Dregen at Sep 27, 2009,
Quote by Toolshed#9
3 hours in a church is not "education on religion".

Education on religion is studying a religion from a neutral point of view while also studying the historic and social context of the events that unfolded within that religion.

I agree with this. Going to church to learn about religion is like reading the Constitution of the United States to learn about America's history.
Don't go? Just stay in bed and tell them It's worth the eternal damnation (It totally is)
Quote by KGB_INC
Haha Catholocity...

Catholocism, my friend. And where the hell do you have to go to CCD for 3 hours? We only go for like... 30 mins. lol
It's actually Catholicism.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Understand that you're parent's are only doing it because they don't want you to go to hell. Just tell them that you have had a long, mature think about how you want to lead your life, and this is something that you don't feel you should be a part of, not just because you're a teenager that just wants to swear and do drugs and not abide Christian rules, but because you do not believe in this religion.

If they say no, just stay in your room and ignore them completely until they understand.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Quote by metaldud536
Eh if you're gonna chicken out from talking to your family then maybe you're not mature enough to choose what you want to believe in.

Quote by Kensai

My distant relative in Norway got his church burnt down by goths. Boo...

Also TS your thread title is missing a preposition.
Page 1 of 3