I was at guitar center yesterday, and I played a dot. I had previously been looking at sheratons, but i liked this one because it was basically a sheraton, same size, looks and feel, but had a different finish and fretboard markings. But the Dot was about 150$-200$ less than a sheraton. whats the deal?

Dot:
http://www.carlingfordmusic.com.au/images/EP%20DOT-VS%201.jpg

Sheraton II
http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/regular/1/9/0/541190.jpg

You be the judge.
I am leaning towards a dot, because of the price, but I dont want to end up with a guitar that has a bad sound. I also like the dots on the fretboard, because it is easier to play, being a person that has grown up playing strats.

thanks!
Last edited by somonda at Sep 27, 2009,
I think the Sheraton just looks nicer to be honest, fancier.
I think they both look frickin' sweet though
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
go to the epiphone website and check the spec sheets for both guitars, they`re in the archtop catergory.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
go to the epiphone website and check the spec sheets for both guitars, they`re in the archtop catergory.

yeah, the spec sheets were basically the same, the only thing different was the details, not nescessarily hardware.
the shearaton as a 3 piece neck, higher quality binding more inlay work etc learn to read a spec sheet and what they mean.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
the shearaton as a 3 piece neck, higher quality binding more inlay work etc learn to read a spec sheet and what they mean.

look, i didnt ask for smart crap from people like you. im just trying to get an answer. so if you dont have an answer or opinion for me, please dont post or end up flaming me.
thank you
Last edited by somonda at Sep 27, 2009,
Quote by somonda
look, i didnt ask for smart crap from people like you. im just trying to get an answer. so if you dont have an answer or opinion for me, please dont post or end up flaming me.
thank you

To be fair, while he was rude, he did answer your question.