Hey all

I've been playing classical guitar for almost a year. I'm mainly playing Metallica/GNR/SOAD and some other random stuff, and I feel that i need electric guitar. Since I ain't got much money to spend, I'm thinking about CORT's, since they're quite cheap and I've heard some good things about them

I've tried playing G200 in shop unplugged, and it seemed good enough for me. Also, I've noticed the G210 one, with one additional Pickup. I haven't tried it, since there weren't any at the shop.. But if it's basically the same as G200, just with additional pickup, maybe it's better to pay extra? Since I'm new at this stuff, I have no idea what's the difference between it, or how/why/where should one change them.

And about amps - what would be better, buying cheapest 1W amp and saving up for a better one, or choosing a bit more expensive 10-15W one?
Get a Yamaha Pacifica and a Peavey Vypyr 15. That would cover your needs nicely.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I've no idea about the guitars, but I own a Cort Bass, and will defiantly give it a huge thumbs up. I have the Cort Curbow FL 4 MIC, cost me something just over £200, and would have easily paid double knowing what I know now about it.
Budget?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
The Cort Strat models are shaped to give better upper fret access than classic Strats. The pickups are good and quality control is excellent.
But a Cort X-2 would suit your styles better.
Peavey Vypyr 15 or Roland Microcune or Roland Cube 15x would;d be good amps on a budget.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Budget? Maybe around 250-300$. Not sure yet though.

Thanks for your suggestions! I'll take a look at X-2.. By the way, i've noticed that X-2 has a 3-position switch while G200 has 5-position switch. What's the difference between them? 5-position switch offers wider variety of sound? And how hard is it to change a pickup?
the Corts are GREAT! Get one if you can
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
amp wise, i'd suggest the Vibro Champ XD. it's $200, though, so it may not be in your budget. specs:
5 Watts
one 6V6 tube in the power amp
one 12AX7 tube in the preamp
8 inch speaker
16 different preamp voices
16 effects
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I'd say Vypyr 15, and AXL SRO(I would recommend this amp on a budget all day). That will put you around $280.

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
Just got back from the shop.

First of all, there aren't any Vypyrs, AXL, Vibro or any other amp you've suggested. Also, Pacifica is too expensive for me, and Cort X-2 is kinda too heavy. Since I'm not sure what I will play in future, so I kinda whant something universal. I've tried playing G200 for a while, and it looked like comfortable and it's sound was quite nice for me.

Now about the amps - how to choose one? I mean, at first I had to search for distortion button for a while till I found it, so you get the idea how much I know about amps.. How should I know - should I get a simple KUSTOM DART-10 with no effects, or maybe a MARSHALL MG10CD, which I actually haven't tried yet, but according to reviews should be quite good.
Since this is your first Electric guitar, I honestly wouldn't pay too much mind on the amp you get. On that budget, and for your first electric, getting a good guitar that you like is more important than the amp. Seriously, just get the cheapest old piece of crap amp they have. Save more money for a decent amp later.

You might even just get one of those "Mini Amps". Like a Fender Mini Deluxe for $40.

And use the rest of your budget to be 100% sure you are satisfied with the guitar you get.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Last edited by jonmo1 at Sep 28, 2009,
Quote by Nutle
Just got back from the shop.

First of all, there aren't any Vypyrs, AXL, Vibro or any other amp you've suggested. Also, Pacifica is too expensive for me, and Cort X-2 is kinda too heavy. Since I'm not sure what I will play in future, so I kinda whant something universal. I've tried playing G200 for a while, and it looked like comfortable and it's sound was quite nice for me.

Now about the amps - how to choose one? I mean, at first I had to search for distortion button for a while till I found it, so you get the idea how much I know about amps.. How should I know - should I get a simple KUSTOM DART-10 with no effects, or maybe a MARSHALL MG10CD, which I actually haven't tried yet, but according to reviews should be quite good.

Marshall MG = so bad they make babies cry. All the reviews you read are written by 15 year old kids with no idea of good tone.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Marshall MG = so bad they make babies cry. All the reviews you read are written by 15 year old kids with no idea of good tone.

Hehe, I see

What about RANDALL KH-15 or RANDALL RG-15RXM? With some discounts they're at the same price, and I didn't find anything on reviews.
Quote by ragingkitty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72xuDFravT0

i beg to differ
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals