so ive narrowed down my quest for the perfect instrument for me to a few guitars...

ive been looking at JEMs lately because they are freaking amazing. i might get a floral one from a local shop thats from 1988, its in pretty good condition but theres some like rust i guess on the floyd rose. i want to try and find a good jem555 at a local store so i could play it and see if its a good one or a bad one but im not even sure if a store would carry any of these.

but pretty much what i want out of a guitar is the following:
2 pick ups(at least)
trem bar of some sort, preferably a floyd but a good edge would be fine with me, steve vai sure knows how to work it good...
it needs to have a fast thin neck with a flat fret board and it needs to be able to handle really low action.
not an ibanez unless its a JEM.(I hate the RGs)
active pickups would be a plus but its not all too important.
24 frets would be super

im playing a gibson explorer pro right now but ive sold it to have money to buy a new guitar. i like it but its just gotten to plain for my taste i need to branch out.
ive been looking at jackson but only the RR higher end series cause i hate dinkeys

ive also been thinking about just buying all the parts to a JEM and puting it together with my dads friend who is a really good guitar Lutheran. and that way it would be like my very own guitar, or would this be way to expensive? cause ive seen jem bodys on ebay for like 200 or less with some pretty nifty paint jobs. and then i can put in evos and a black out in the bridge which would really suit my playing style cause i play lots of melodic metal like wintersun, but then i also play classical and pretty stuff, thats why im looking at JEMs cause they are a tonal beast for almost every style of music because it was designed by the greatest guitarist of all time

so from that wall text does anyone have any suggestions i should consider?

An esp V would be super cool too if i could find one online, i really like the look of the Arrow but cant find one, i can only find the damn alexi ones and they are nice, but that one pick up thing just bugs the crap out of me
Divine creations now destroyed to uncover the haunted atmosphere
Strange visions of the ancient spirits, travesty of man appears
Coldness and the storming winds lurking for prey
The forces of the Winter reign in dreadful way, there's no escape
Last edited by Misanthrope01 at Sep 27, 2009,
Check out a used Musicman Petrucci sig. Doesn't have a Floyd but it has a floating trem with locking tuners. The locking tuners completely take away the hastle of the locking nut on floyd's. Not to mention they are the best feeling guitars I have ever played.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
you don`t need a lutheran(that`s a religion i think) you need a luthier to put a guitar together.

wouldn`t recommend the 555 as being comparable to a "proper" jem, the proper jems are fecking brilliant, if your looking to get a 2nd hand jem try http://www.jemsite.com/home.html i would post pics of my jem but i guess peeps are getting sick of seeing them.

you say you don`t want peeps to recommend you rg`s but the jem is essentially a rg based guitar.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Sep 27, 2009,
Quote by ibanezgod1973

i would post pics of my jem but i guess peeps are getting sick of seeing them.

if you posted pics of your jem then i would feel like posting mine and then other people would too and then this thread would be closed
get a JSX
they are awsome
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by rushpython
get a JSX
they are awsome

JSX is an amp bro; you're thinking or a JS, with which I agree. Played a JS1000 once, love the feel of it.
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
you don`t need a lutheran(that`s a religion i think) you need a luthier to put a guitar together.

wouldn`t recommend the 555 as being comparable to a "proper" jem, the proper jems are fecking brilliant, if your looking to get a 2nd hand jem try http://www.jemsite.com/home.html i would post pics of my jem but i guess peeps are getting sick of seeing them.

you say you don`t want peeps to recommend you rg`s but the jem is essentially a rg based guitar.

haha thats what i ment he builds guitars i know the jem is an rg with a monkey grip but for some reason i really love the jem yet hate the RG beyond belief
Divine creations now destroyed to uncover the haunted atmosphere
Strange visions of the ancient spirits, travesty of man appears
Coldness and the storming winds lurking for prey
The forces of the Winter reign in dreadful way, there's no escape
Quote by Metalfan41
JSX is an amp bro; you're thinking or a JS, with which I agree. Played a JS1000 once, love the feel of it.

yeah
the shape is awsome
alitle hard to play on your leg
but still awsome
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
I recommend a Carvin DC127 or ST300
24 frets
radius of your choice
OFR
whatever other specs you want
You can get a totally tricked out guitar, IMO better than a Jem, and have money left over.
You want a Jackson KVX10.
24 frets, 2 pickups, a floyd which DOES actually stay in tune and action that is 0.07mm high with NO fretbuzz (mine does, but I got it professionally set up).
Quote by whencowsfart101
You want a Jackson KVX10.
24 frets, 2 pickups, a floyd which DOES actually stay in tune and action that is 0.07mm high with NO fretbuzz (mine does, but I got it professionally set up).

Dude, he can get a KV2 used with that budget, why do you even bother mentioning the crappy KVX10?
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl