Seems like most of the post on this site are electric related. Any one build acoustics and if you do do you use kits or wood blanks?
acoustics are a lot harder to build from scratch, never herd of someone doing it on UG
i've built custom acoustic electronics, but thats about it
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
I have seen a few acoustic builds in here before. You have to search bar them though.
build 1, finished 1/15/11

Every time I try to pick it up like falling sand,
As fast as I pick it up,
it runs away through my clutching hands.
There's nothing else I can really do...
I've seen some before, some from kits, some from professionals, and some from scrap but using online tutorials.
As far as I recall, they all turned out really nice.
I've seen a few, people dont tend to do acoustic builds unless they are actually willing to put the time in, which ends up with the builds being really nice.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
If you look on the OLF there are loads of acoustic builds and helpful guys there.

I frequent another forum which is mainly for australian acoustic builders and after watching everyone's methods etc, acoustic building doesn't seem much harder than solid body building.
Quote by guitarcam123
If you look on the OLF there are loads of acoustic builds and helpful guys there.

I frequent another forum which is mainly for australian acoustic builders and after watching everyone's methods etc, acoustic building doesn't seem much harder than solid body building.

I have not tried to build a electric but they do seem to be a little easier. I could be wrong.
yes i do believe electrics are easier
Gear
Guitar

Ibanez Art100
Amp
Peavey Valveking 212
Effects
Dunlop Slash Wah
EHX Metal Muff
Electrics are usually easier. But acoustics aren't that much harder. Acoustics are more involved and require more steps which can be more fun than simply cutting out a body.