Not sure where to post, but I posted awhile back about having problems with a popping sound played thru clean channels on any amp. I have resoldered so many times, everything is fine, no ground issues. I emailed the tech about the pickups, said there is no reason the pickups should be making a popping sound, because there is no static picked up by them? I dont know, but I was wondering if it could be a faulty toggle switch? Everything is brand new, pots, cap, pickups, input jack. The only thing I haven't replaced is the switch, any way a switch could make a popping/crackling sound when played thru any amp on clean setting? I have tried different amps and cables, still does it, either pickup, and only on clean setting.
Wire a 1M resistor across the ground and the input of your guitar.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
It's natural. Same goes for a killswitch. Like sesstreets said, the only possible way (and then still it's not guaranteed to solve the problem) to solve it is to wire a 1M resistor from the signal to ground.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
it doesn't do the crackling while switching pickups either. it is on both pickups, all the time while playing cleans
Quote by asfastasdark
It's natural. Same goes for a killswitch. Like sesstreets said, the only possible way (and then still it's not guaranteed to solve the problem) to solve it is to wire a 1M resistor from the signal to ground.

not too savvy on words, but by signal, do you mean wire it from ground (pots) to hot (input) for the guitar, or ground (pots) to gound (input)?
He meant across both terminals of the jack.

In theory this would work, but in my experience it just makes the guitar alot noisier. I tried it with a 1M resistor. Maybe a higher value (like 4M7 or something) would work better . Try it yourself and report the results.
Quote by Invader Jim
He meant across both terminals of the jack.

In theory this would work, but in my experience it just makes the guitar alot noisier. I tried it with a 1M resistor. Maybe a higher value (like 4M7 or something) would work better . Try it yourself and report the results.

yeah im not too bright haha thanks for clarifying. i will try it. hope it works!